User Reviews – Ol Pejeta

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 1-5 of 5 Reviews
Breath taking Safari

Enjoyed my Safari to Ol Pejeta, Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara. well experienced and courteous driver guide. Can not wait for my next vocation.
Highly recommended.

All the photos, videos, about a safari, will never truly describe the experience of it.

Its an excellent place to see and get close to rhinos, both black and white. Stayed at Serena Sweetwaters, a luxury tented camp. Would recommend, everything you need. A beautiful view from the camp facing a lake and out to Mount Kenya. Not though the best place to see Mount Kenya. Plenty of wildlife, very easy to navigate. There's a chimpanzee sanctuary, the only one in Kenya, but was a disappointment. Only saw 2 chimps. If this is your first trip to Kenya, this would not be top of my list. I would first recommend Maasai Mara and then Amboseli. If in the area of Nanyuki, and you have been to the big parks I would suggest a night lodge, but if you have not been to the big parks, then Ol Pejeta will give you the safari experience.

Fantastic place specially for a birder.

A Kodak-moment Extravaganza

We had a wonderful trip to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, where we stayed at the Sweet Waters tented camp. Sweet Waters was very welcoming and luxurious, service was top-notch and the food was very good. They made sure that we got a kid-meal a little early so there was room for some grown up dining when the kid slept.

The park is beautiful with a wide variety of bush, marsh and forest landscapes. We saw a lot of beautiful animals on some amazing game drives. Unfortunately we missed out on the big cats and only saw their leftovers.

Our guide, Francis, was very knowledgeable about the wildlife, and took good care of us.

Highlights of the safari must be a close encounter with a Black Rhino, a sunrise over Mt. Kenya and a Giraffe coming to drink right in front of our tent.

It is a very nice place, privatly operated with a limited number of visitors. The chimps refugee camp is special because chimps are not native in Kenya. All of them have a poor story to tell.
Te wild life is great and the scenery with Mt. Kenya in the background is simply stunning.