Ol Pejeta Conservancy- Overview Ol Pejeta Safaris
- View Photos (25)
About Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Ol Pejeta is one of the prime sanctuaries of Laikipia Plateau and all of the Big Five are present. Its highlights include the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa; a population of southern white rhino; a refuge for the last three northern white rhino left in the world; and Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary, housing orphaned and abandoned chimpanzees. It’s the only Laikipia reserve where day visits are possible. A range of activities is available, including night drives, lion tracking and guided bush walks.
- Excellent wildlife viewing including the Big Five
- Great sightings of black and white rhino
- Ol Pejeta is part of a bigger eco-system, ‘Laikipia Plateau’
- Many activities including night drives, lion tracking and walking
- Stunning views of Mount Kenya
- Day visits possible
- The active ranch with cattle and fences take away some of the wilderness appeal
- There is only a small animal-viewing circuit
Ol Pejeta Conservancy offers excellent wildlife-viewing opportunities. All of the Big Five are here and sightings of both black rhino and white rhino are common. It has some of the highest predator densities in the region, and aside from the big cats, there is a chance of seeing wild dogs. Other endangered species here include the Beisa oryx, Jackson's hartebeest and Grevy's zebra.
More about Ol Pejata Conservancy's wildlife
Ol Pejeta Conservancy is located between the foothills of the Aberdares and the magnificent, snow-capped Mount Kenya. Habitats here include semi-arid grassland, woodland, riverine and wetland.Want to visit Ol Pejeta?
Safari Reviews- Ol Pejeta
All 22 user reviews