This Tour Is Offered By
Big Apes Africa
- Office In:
- 1-5 employees (Founded in 2019)
- Member Of:
- USAGA, UTB & UWA
- Tour Types:
- Custom budget & mid-range tours that can start every day
We are a Safari Company with operations in Uganda and Rwanda handling Destination management for Tour operators around the world through well crafted private or group tailor made life impacting African experiences. We are a team of Nature lovers and believe in sustainable tourism through conservation and community empowerment. We love to constantly explore our region just for the love of it and it is from this passion and personal experience that we want to craft for you a lifetime experience.
Top notch experts
We booked a 4-days safari to the golden monkeys (Volcanoes national park, Rwanda) and a gorilla trekking (Bwindi national park, Uganda) with Big Apes. From the first contact with Peter for quotation, we felt heard, well informed and the communication was very responsive. Price wise, we immediately received a market-based correct proposal.
Regarding the 4 days safari: our guide Roland was a dream to be with. A professional man with extensive knowledge about the fauna and flora of Rwanda and Uganda and supplementary about traditions and customs of the countries and it's inhabitants.
We can't stress it enough: don't hesitate to book a safari with Big Apes.
As for us, we hope one day to be able to travel to Rwanda and Uganda again, in which case we will immediately book safaris again with this organization and hope again to be guided by Roland.
Amazing experience in Uganda!
We did the Gorilla and Chimps trekking tour and it was unbelievable! Peter always was pretty friendly and keen to assist us during the trip! The people, the lodges, the activities and the food made this experience really memorable. Thank you Peter for organizing everything!
Peter was friendly, passionate about his work & service, conscientious, & broadly knowledgeable.
I hugely recommend this tour operator. It was an absolutely life changing experience for minimal inconvenience and cost. The perfect way to get a taste of both East Africa’s vibrant towns, and beautiful countryside, jungles, and wildlife.
Service & reliability
• Professional, hekpful and rapid communication prior to the trip
• Went out of his way logistically, doing multiple airport pick ups
• Added additional places to visit based on our requests and changing circumstances
• Took any minor complaint about any venue very seriously and resolved immediately and professionally
Value for money
• Very competitive with other offers while hitting all the key sights
• All key venues were extremely well run and high quality
• Many side venues/detours were cheap/free yet enjoyable and highly scenic (showing the value of the guide’s intimate local knowledge)
• Kigali: we experienced the tragic history of the city at its harrowing but beautiful genocide museum, and the wonderful happy vibe of the modern city exploring the streets, and visiting the vibrant and crowded local bazaar
• Golden monkeys (Rwanda): we had an incredible experience coming face to face (masks on) with a huge family of golden monkeys, spending an hour watching them eat and groom and socialize almost as if we were part of the troop, trekking back and forth through a picturesque farming village and woodlands
• Gorillas (Uganda): similarly, we came face to face with a silver back gorilla and his family deep in the mountains and jungles. The guides were consummate professionals and knew exactly how to get us close to the animals without antagonizing them and providing us with lots of knowledge and opportunities for photographs. It was a life changing experience to come face to face with the Gorillas.
• Lake Bunyoni: We ended the tour staying at an eco-lodge on one of the dozens of islands in the lake, took nature walks, and swam in the perfect, pure lake. A great way to reflect on the experiences and relax in nature before returning home.
I did the 3-Day Gorillas and Chimp Trekking Safari with my husband and we enjoyed every second.
Our tour guide Peter, who was very professional and kind, made the whole trip memorable. I can only say thank you for showing us the best side of your country. I highly recommend this agency!
Gorilla, Chimpa and Golden Monkey Tracking
Big Apes Africa is a professional agency. The did a great job designing the tour accordingly to our expectations (both in terms of experience and budget). Roland was the best guide. He was supporting all our needs sharing his knowledge and providing valuable recommendations. We did Gorilla (Bwindi) , chimpanzee (karinzu) and golden monkey (Mgahinga) tracking. They were all amazing with a preference for Gorilla and Golden Monkey. We were a little bit unlucky with Chimpa. We saw 2 of them from distance and the track was quite short (just 2.5 hour). We started our Tour in Kigali and Peter made the transfer to Uganda during day one. We thought the first day would have been transfer only while Peter organized big surprises. We did a couple of stops in spot of interest including boating on the lake Bunyonyi on local canoe.
Your request will be sent directly to the operator
If preferred, you can contact the operator directly