This Tour Is Offered By
Tall Masai Safari
- Office In:
- 10-20 employees (Founded in 2021)
- Tour Types:
- Custom budget tours that can start every day
Every safari is unique and tailor made. We provide lightning speed 24/365 customer care, extensive safari planning consulting in order to tailor make your once in a lifetime safari experience. High quality land cruisers and minivans, cheerful, experienced and knowledgeable guides, and on-spot support at any time is what we promise to make your once in a lifetime journey a reality.
Was amazing experience
Always was so easy to talk with them. Also the safari experience was amazing and I want to do a special mention to my guide Chet! Awesome triple.
Extremely valuable budget safari
My solo African adventure with 8 days budget safari in Kenya with several different locations has been fantastic! The animals exceeded all my expectations. Just keep in mind that you can't have too high expectations in terms of accommodation, vehicles and food if you choose a budget safari, but the amount and variety of animals you get to enjoy in any case. And personally, even as a 68 years old female, I thought everything flowed really well despite that you get to mingle with other travelers in a mini van (with a pop-up roof) and might have to change both travel companions and drivers during the tour. This review is based upon MY experiences and expectations. Do your reseach and make sure to explain what your preferences are and Benson will fix it!
My tour started with two days in Masai Mara where I saw and got close to a wide range of animals. Just amazing!
Had also an overnight stay in Nakuru and a nice safari in the national park. Did a boat ride on beautiful Lake Naivasha and stayed one night in Naivasha. Continued to Amboseli with an early morning stop at Hell's gate national park where it is possible to walk or bike among the animals.
The three last nights I stayed at a surprisingly good camp for beeing on a budget safari. And there I did two full day's amazing safaries and unexpectedly got to see a cheetah and a pygmy hippo among many other species and, of course, very many elephants!
All this was made possible to a very reasonable price thanks to Benson at Tall Masai Safaries. All my communication with Benson, from my first request, the pick up at the airport as well as during and after the tour, have been absolutely 💯 percent pleasant, smooth, clear, quick, flexible and correct all the time! So happy I found just this safari agent and I will certainly use them for any other safaries in Kenya and Tanzania. Very satisfied!!
the scenery was beautiful, but the overall experience was average
We joined a sharing tour of mid-range accommodation for 6 days safari to Masai Mara, Naruku, and Amboseli. The safari was fun, but it was below expectation.
1. Before the day of safari, they picked us up at Nairobi airport on time, and helped us to buy the SIM card outside the airport.
2. During the days in game drive, the guide tried his best to find more animals. We saw the big five in different parks.
3. Jambo Mara lodge for the first and second nights was pretty good and satisfying.
1. At the first day of safari, they asked us to wait for the pick up form hotel at 6:30am, but we waited until 7:30am. During the waiting time, no one told us where the driver was.
2. Before we booked the tour, the agent said 5 to 6 people sharing a car each and person getting a window seat, but we were 8 people in a minivan and some of us should be seated at the middle seat.
3. During the days, we got 1L of drinking water a day for each person, but sometimes only 500ml of water. (There’s no drinking water in the camp, so we didn’t have enough water for some days)
4. About the food. At the third night in Naruku, the dinner in the hotel gave each person only 3-4 pieces of meet and little vegetables. At the fourth night in the camp, the food of the restaurant had run out in 10 minutes after they served it. In addition, we had the same lunch boxes for 4 days. (At the third day of lunch, we had the same lunch box, but who booked for budget tour had a buffet inside the rest area.)
5. The most disappointing thing is the accommodation.
*(1) At the third night in Naruku, the light bulb burned in the first room we stayed, and there were no water in the sink in the second room.
*(2) At the forth and fifth nights in Amboseli, it was a nightmare. There was more than 50 mosquitoes in the room, and even like 10 mosquitoes in the tent. We asked for the help to the staff and the travel agent, but no one was trying to solve the issue for two days. The camp shut down the electricity after 22:30pm, but no one informed us about it. There was no hot water or even warm water in the room for showers. There was almost no signal in the area, and the wifi of the camp was not working at all. We saw someone was complaining about the camp on Google Maps, but everything is still the same.
6. At the last day, the driver dropped us off at the Namanga border around 10am, but we wait until 13:00pm for the bus to Arusha. During the time we were in the border, the agent who helped us to pass the checkpoint asked us to give him more money to buy the SIM card for us, and even took our lunch box with him to ask for additional tips.
Well organized. Value for money.
I had 6 days Tall masai safari. Everything went well and our driver Maxwell was great guy.
Maybe a little too much driving in six days. I would personally do two different safaris next time. First Amboseli and then Masai Mara.
Great company, amazing safari tour
All was good, they picked me up at my accomodation (had to be in CBD) and dropped me off at the end of the safari. They were flexible with payment methods and everything went smoothly. Was placed with other guests from different tour operators and really enjoyed my experience
Your request will be sent directly to the operator
If preferred, you can contact the operator directly