Overview – Kenya
Kenya is a top wildlife destination, recommended especially for those booking a first-time safari. The Masai Mara offers excellent big cat encounters and is the setting for the yearly wildebeest migration. Palm-lined beaches offer a perfect place to relax after an action packed safari.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent wildlife viewing, including the annual wildebeest migration in the Masai Mara
- A wide variety of habitats and scenery
- Beautiful beaches with plenty of resorts to choose from
- Traditional indigenous cultures
- Excellent service and well-run tourism industry
- The main tourist attractions are often crowded with tourists
Premier Parks and Reserves
- Masai Mara - Classic safari
- Amboseli - Classic safari
- Lake Nakuru - Classic safari
- Samburu - Classic safari
- Tsavo West - Classic safari
- Tsavo East - Classic safari
- Buffalo Springs - Classic safari
- All 26 Kenya Parks & Reserves
Want to Visit Kenya?
Kenya Safari Reviews
- Expert Rating
- Bush Vibe
- User Rating
- Bush Vibe
Most Helpful Expert Review
Melissa is an award winning travel writer for Fodors, Frommers and Insight, including guides to Tanzania, Kenya, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
Kenya – middle earth
Kenya should be the world’s finest safari destination. It has every natural advantage. Wrapped around the equator, it has the most extraordinary range of landscape, from the Indian Ocean to the Turkana Desert, the Great Rift Valley to the...
Latest User Review
So much to see
This was my third trip to Kenya and it seems to get better every time! We went to four different parks/reserves (Samburu, Maasai Mara, Aberdares (moorlands), and Lake Nakuru.) All were very different. Samburu was the most intimate, with...