Phinda Game Reserve- Overview Phinda Safaris
About Phinda Game Reserve
Phinda is Kwazulu Natal's best private game reserve. It is on a par with some of the best reserves in the popular Sabi Sands near Kruger National Park, except that it is fully fenced and thus not part of a greater ecosystem. All of the Big Five are easily spotted. The reserve's flagship species is cheetah and sightings of this gracious big cat are unsurpassed.
- Excellent wildlife viewing with all of the Big Five present
- Open-vehicle game drives with top guides
- Night drives and walking safaris available
- Several luxury lodges belonging to the &Beyond group to choose from
- Only very expensive, fully inclusive packages available
- Big emphasis on ticking off flagship species
- Fenced environment doesn't offer an experience as authentic as in large ecosystems
Phinda offers some of the best wildlife viewing in the country. All big safari animals, including the Big Five, are usually spotted on a two-night stay. Aside from the Big Five, there is a major focus on cheetah, as Phinda is renowned for its sightings of this big cat. Both rhino species are present and regularly spotted.
More about Phinda's wildlife
Four different lodges have been positioned to experience the different habitats within the park. Forest Lodge is set deep in the heart of the rare, dry sand forest, while Mountain Lodge looks out over the reserve from the top of a koppie. Vlei Lodge overlooks the vast wetland and Rock Lodge sits suspended over a deep valley below.Want to visit Phinda?
Safari Reviews- Phinda
We went there for a gamedrive with ranger Sam and he was very determined to let us see the beauty of the park and all the wildlife. We were looking for the Leopard and he didn't stop until he had find one. Beatiful spots in a very beatiful landscape
All 21 user reviews