User Reviews – Pilanesberg GR

We did one day safari only. We did not find the felines. We could see other big animals like Rhino, Giraffe, Elephant, zebra, etc..
My little girl became really astonished.
I recommend it!

Great wildlife!

a beautiful day, and seen many animals

A day to never forget. Given everything we wanted to see. But also learned a lot about the animals. In short, a recommendation for anyone who wants to do a safari in a day.
Thanks to Susan, Glen and the driver Wiggie

Beautiful landscape and scenery. Small enough so that one can actually spot the animals. Loved it!

Great experience!

It was very cool.

I had luck seeing some of the 5 Big very close. The scenery and weather is very similar with some regions in Brazil, i.e, savanna (cerrado) covers a large area of the Brazilian territory and our climate is subtropical in the south. The accommodations, food, transportation and guides were very good - Morokolo lodge is perfect. I suggest to everyone to be at least two days in this game reserve. Enjoy it.

Please see attached review

We spent three days in the area near Pilanesberg, and took three game rides in the Park. The Park guides made our rides memorable experiences with their knowledge and anecdotes about the animals in the Park. We had remarkable photo experiences with a large group of elephants (including babies) that crossed the road in front of and behind of our vehicle. They were so close you could reach out and touch them (but we didn't). We also witnessed a group of five or six hippos frolicking in a pond area. The group included several young hippos who were sparring and playing like puppies. We also sighted several female lions feeding on a wildebeest. These sightings were only the tip of the iceberg, as we saw giraffes, impalas, rhinos, more lions, baboons, small mammals, birds, more hippos, more elephants. On one evening ride, I was able to capture photos of the most incredible sunset. Again, on an early morning ride, we rode along as the sun rose over the mountains and the mist lay in the valleys. It was very serene and peaceful. I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the creatures we saw. We were very impressed with the number of animals we saw in their natural habitat, and we would love to come back and see them again.

So many elephants!!!