User Reviews – Queen Elizabeth NP

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 31-40 of 41 Reviews

We saw a lot of wildlife in QE park - the boat trip was BRILLIANT, we saw a pride of lions eating a kill, ended up driving through a herd of elephant and saw all manner of other creatures. It seemed more developed than elsewhere with some fairly big hotel-style lodges (we stayed in a small lodge a bit more out of the way) which was the only negative I can think of.

Beautiful, open park that seemed very authentic with the savanna setting. Took a wonderful sunset cruise on the Kazinga Channel where we saw hippos, elephants, buffalos, and crocodiles, plus many birds, such as fish eagles, storks, pelicans, herons, ducks, swollows and kingfishers. The game drives were rewarding as well.

Unfortunately most of the large wildlife was decimated in earlier years and is still recovering. There were many birds along the Kazinga Channel and we were fortunate to find a large herd of elephants but I understand that is an exception to the rule.

It is a good destination as it has a variety of wildlife, it is huge and you cannot be sure of what your are about to see and whether you will be lucky to see all the animals that live there.

See above comments

Great sceneries, plenty wildlife but not so much as in Murchison Falls NP

Didn't see too many birds, but saw a lot of everything else: giraffes, hippos, zebras, elephants, etc.

I have visted this park twice, once as a self drive, and once with a private tour. Both times I have been impressed with the park. While the birding may not measure up to some other parks, there was a great all round interest in this park, and we never travelled more than 10 minutes without something of interest.

A huge park, very diverse, very few tourists. Something for everyone here. It's very beautiful. The only problem is that humans "thinned out" a lot of the wildlife through appalling slaughter some years ago, and the populations are recovering only very slowly.

Queen Elizabeth National Park is a must to add to your bucket list.

The wildlife was great, though no lions were spotted. That was a big disappointment for me. The weather was cooperative, and the accommodations were good at the Mweya Safari Lodge.

The guide was great. It was a guy named Ham. He was extremely friendly, and we had many deep life talks. He became more of a friend than a guide. It's pretty great when you get a hug goodbye from somebody that only shook hands with the rest of the group.

Needless to say, Queen Elizabeth National Park hasn't seen the last of me.

• 4.2/5