User Reviews – Queen Elizabeth NP

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 11-20 of 41 Reviews

QEO is great for game drives but because of restrictions, it's not always easy to get that close to some of the wildlife. Although a boat ride down the Kazinga Channel is worth the trip alone. There is a real African bush vibe in QEP, and it was here that we stayed in a tent next to the Channel with all the hippos passing through at night. Quite an experience!

When you are floating close to the shores of the big lakes you'll see lots of beautiful birds. We saw many elephants, some lions and big number of Uganda cobs. Although the bush vibe and the scenic beauty are a bit less because of the road running through a part of the park.

We enjoyed crossing the equator and look a cruise on the Kazinga channel. The accomadations at Mweya Safari lodge were great - amazing laundry service !!!! Outstanding staff!!! They have a beautiful pool for afternoon swimming and cocktails.

The most visited National Park in Uganda, definitely deserves a visit

Queen Elizabeth National Park is the most visited National Park in Uganda. Located on the Western Region, the Park occupies more then 1,900 square kilometers. I started early morning with a Game Drive in the plains. Beautiful scenery and I had the chance to see some lions and lots of monkeys. I strongly recommend a visit to Kawe village were Salt mining is done for centuries. The highlight of the day was the cruise where you can see all kinds of wildlife. Elephants, crocodiles, rhinos, the list goes on...If you visit the Western area of Uganda, don't miss this beautiful National Park.

Huge park, lots of game, the boattrip (3AM/UWA) is amazing. The lion tracking is worth doing: you get to see lions up close (inquire with UWA) - Uganda Large Predator Project (ULPP)

A crash course in biriding

QENP does have some elephants and cats, but not as many as the bigger parks in East Africa. We were not birders before this trip, but you cannot help to be one here. The diversity is so great, you are sure to find a new bird wherever you look. It is relatively quiet compared to the parks in Tanzania. There are other vehicles, but not as many as you would see in Tanzania.

Beholding groups of lions napping in trees was spectacular!

We stayed at Mbewa Lodge and Ishasha Camp. Highlight of our whole trip was a boat trip on the Kazinga Channel seeing so many water birds and elephants. Tree-climbing lions were amazing in Ishasha

An interesting park but a little too crowded for my own taste. A nice selection of wild life

Game drives in Queen Elizabeth

I spent one day and one night in Queen Elizabeth and did the game drive in Inshasha and one in the north of the park. The scenery was good especially in the south of the park. We saw lots of animals including several close encounters with elephants. Sadly no lions though. I drove my personal car but we picked up an UWA ranger for the game drive. I'm glad we did since he knew the best places to stop which I would have likely passed otherwise. We stayed overnight @theRiver which I definitely recommend. Good food and accommodation. There were not many other tourists around so it felt like we had a lot of the park to ourselves. I went in February which is the dry season and was a nice climate.

• 4.2/5