User Reviews – Queen Elizabeth NP

Amazing Experience

My expections were pretty high, since I have always heard amazing things about QENP. And I must say I was not disappointed.

The day started in the best possible way: Reaching the main road of the park, we spotted a Hyena. As we were moving towards the park entrance, we also spotted elephants and crocodiles near Katunguru bridge.

But when we reached Kasenyi plains... Thatºs when the magic started.
Large herds of Ugandan Kob and buffalos were easily spotted. Waterbucks are also common in this area. Warthogs and hippos are abundant in QENP.
I was expecting to see a larger variety of herbivores, but it seems the park is a bit limited when it comes to that - no giraffes, zebras, etc.
The main gold for the morning was not achived, tho: Tracking lions and leopards.

Then we moved to Mweya so we could have lunch. The dense vegetation didn't allow us to see more than a few waterbucks and some baboons, but when we reached Mweya Lodge - which is indeed a lovely place - we could see the elephants on the other side of the lake. Warthogs are also around.

As we decided that Ishasha should be postponed (it was about to rain and our guide called another guide to check the situation in that sector - no lions were spotted in the morning), we came to the conclusion that we should go back to Kasenyi plains to track the big cats.

We drove for almost an hour when we finally spotted them: A lioness, with four cubs. After driving around, we were lucky enough to spot a few more lions.
But the best was yet to come. The leopard. We spotted her on top of a tree, with a warthog in her mouth. She climbed down, and we stood near her for more than one hour and a half. We watched her drinking water, cleaning herself, resting, anyway, a true lifetime experience.

All in all, I must say it was one of the best days in my life. I truly recommend this experience and this park to anyone.

Amazing classic safari lions are common as well as leopards

Amazing............. it was so good myaya is a must see place

it was amazing

classic safari destination with good variety of animals

Fantastic both for close up of wildlife and birdwatching

The boat safari as well as a jeep safari enabled me to see so many birds and lots of other animals. Absolutely brilliant place and super guides too.

Would recommend this park due to diversity of wildlife.

The park was great but the trips to ishasha to see the tree climbing lions were the highlights

We had a fantastic time in the park, they've really kept it so natural.

Our safari guide, Moses Mugabirwa, single-handedly made all our dreams come true.

Fortunately, we ventured past our safari lodge and ended up in the village. There we met Moses Mugabirwa who ran his own tour company. This pleasant, and honorable man speaks perfect English and knew the park as though he lived there. In addition, his knowledge of all the animals and birds was enlightening. We spent several hours with him, broke for lunch, returned and finished around dark. Without doubt, he made all our dreams come true.

Moses Mugabirwa lives in Katanguru, Uganda 0 700 365 329