Malaria & Vaccinations – Rwanda
The information on this page is to be used as a general guide and should not replace a consultation with your travel doctor. The government organizations and travel clinics below are trusted resources for complete and up-to-date info about travelers’ health in Rwanda.
Recommended; see websites below for more detailed immunization advice.
High risk throughout most of the country, except for Volcanoes NP and Nyungwe Forest NP where the risk is medium due to the high altitude. Akagera NP and the Lake Kivu area are particularly high-risk zones. The highest risk of transition is during the Wet season (October to May). See websites below for more detailed advice.
- Australia – www.travelclinic.com.au
- Canada – iamat.org - Vaccinations / Malaria
- Ireland – www.tmb.ie
- New Zealand – iamat.org - Vaccinations / Malaria
- United Kingdom – www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk
- United States – wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel