User Reviews – Samburu NR

Sue Green LRPS (suebg1)   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: December 2013 Reviewed: May 26, 2015

Email Sue Green LRPS (suebg1)  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Magical

Samburu will always be a very special place for me. The scenery especially after rain is especially colourful. There are many many species of animals and it is home to the gerenuk antelope unlikely to be seen any where else in the wild. Samburu also has an amazing variety of bird species. I have been there a few times now and have photographed the bateleur eagle,pygmy, kingfishers, hawks and several species of bee eaters on many of my visits. Also home to a large number of elephant families one is able to observe up close.
Samburu is always warm and the staff very welcoming. I have loved every moment spent there and I know I will go there again.

axda73   –
Germany DE
Visited: January 2014 Reviewed: May 26, 2015

Email axda73  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Visiting Samburu is a must everytimes I visit Kenya

The Samburu National Reserve is one of the best Safari destinations in Kenya. The wildlife is excellent, the landscape adorable and Food and accomodation was everytimes perfect. Samburu is a dry and hot place and a lot of animals are concentrating around Uaso Nyiero River.
Very good Location for ornithologists.

aaroy   –
Kenya KE
Visited: May 2015 Reviewed: May 6, 2015

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Very nice park, with less tourists than the more famous parks. Big cats are there, though not in large numbers. Zebras and giraffes are differents species than here than in the south/central Kenya.

Mitchell Klein Visited: July 2014 Reviewed: May 5, 2015

The birds, animals, people, food - all a once in a lifetime experience not to be missed.

Extreme Travel Romania   –
Romania RO
Visited: February 2015 Reviewed: Apr 18, 2015

Email Extreme Travel Romania  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

A true wildlife experience

Cheetah, lions, elephants and a lot of antelopes in a beautiful scenery, plus the colorful Samburu tribes.
I recommend the overnight tented camps.

Iwona   –
Poland PL
Visited: October 2002 Reviewed: Apr 17, 2015

Email Iwona  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Paradise on earth

This Park I remember as one almost at the end of the world , driving there was hard and long but what I have seen and felt brought me a lot of pleasure and happines. Wildlife was great, camp also and offcourse possibility to have a short swimm in this weather in nature was great.

Margaret Lamont Visited: November 2013 Reviewed: Apr 16, 2015

Exciting, beautiful, fulfilling and peaceful

I have visited Samburu on more than one occasion. It is scenically outstanding, the wildlife is varied and prolific, the people are very welcoming and the lodges I have frequented are all excellent. This is my favorite safari destination in Kenya.

LilyM Visited: February 2006 Reviewed: Apr 9, 2015

Very scenic, huge variety of wildlife, comfortable accommodations, good food.

Samburu National Reserve was a great park to visit. It's a little off the beaten path so we had the scenary and wildlife viewing more to ourselves. I saw a greater variety of wildlife in this park than in any other I visited. The accommodations at Samburu were comfortable, the food in the lodge was very good and overall, from my experience, I would highly recommend it as a place to visit.

Mn Reddy Visited: August 2014 Reviewed: Apr 9, 2015

Kenya is the best wild life reserves on earth

Yes i love Samburu National park a lot, bcz its having a unique semiarid weather conditions. I love there is abundant Bird life is there. The great big cats you will not miss anything, particularly the elephants due to its dusty conditions the back drop of Elephant shots will come out amazingly.
If any one will ask me do you recommend Samburu park, with out any hesitation i will vote to it.
Thanks.

Sue Visited: January 2015 Reviewed: Mar 24, 2015

I loved Samburu National Reserve for my first view of animals I have never seen before, Grevy's Zebra, Gerenuk, and the Somali Ostrich.