​User Reviews – Samburu NR

NSStone   –
Australia AU
Visited: January 2016 Reviewed: Apr 3, 2016

Email NSStone  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

It was incredibly hot and dry when I visited, but what I saw made up for the weather. We spotted a leopard in tree and saw its mother bring back a kill. I stayed a Elephant Bedroom camp - simply stunning accommodation, great views and the odd elephant wandering through camp. Listening to lions at night right by camp was awesome.

Senthil   –
Visited: December 2015 Reviewed: Jan 3, 2016

Email Senthil

amazing

About wildlife I saw all the animals. I saw leopard which I never seen other parks. Different weather than nairobi. Food is very good. Stayed at umoja camp nice one. Peter who organised the safari. Very nice person. Thanks for Peter he done everything arranged good at samburu.

GavinKenya   –
Visited: July 2015 Reviewed: Dec 8, 2015

Email GavinKenya  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Very hot when I was there and I loved it! I seem to like desert type places and the arid landscape there was much fun. Many wildlife experiences there too.

Debbie   –
Visited: July 2014 Reviewed: Oct 15, 2015

Email Debbie  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Everything was great.

M S Ranganathan   –
India IN
Visited: September 2015 Reviewed: Oct 10, 2015

Email M S Ranganathan  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

The one place to spot gravey's Zebra.

Shamir Zavahir   –
Sri Lanka LK
Visited: August 2015 Reviewed: Sep 1, 2015

Email Shamir Zavahir  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Lion kingdom

Samburu is one of those places which just surprise you right from the word go. Literally 2 minutes into driving into he park, we spotted two cheetahs lounging in the shade. The wildlife in this park is just fabulous - from the herds of elephants, the giraffes, zebra and the birdlife. However, the highlight was the lion sightings. Absolutely breathtaking!
Samburu also gives you stunning sunrises and sunsets. The photographs look like they were taken straight out of the 'Lion King'.
All in all, a park you cannot afford to miss if you're visiting kenya. It will certainly give you memories of a lifetime.

denis   –
Visited: July 2015 Reviewed: Aug 19, 2015

Email denis  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

great national park with abundant wildlife and beautiful sceneries

Kristine   –
Visited: July 2015 Reviewed: Aug 9, 2015

Email Kristine  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Visit Samburu to experience authentic East Africa.

Exceptionally beautiful scenery, people, and wildlife encounters. We stayed at Samburu Lodge, staffed by friendly Kenyans and many local Samburu people. The rooms, lodge, and food were all outstanding without being pretentious. We felt like we were in a place that had not yet been discovered. We will definitely return. I would recommend staying for 3 nights, and consider flying in our out. The drive from Nairobi is a long one, but worth a one-way trip as you will see many interesting people and landscapes along the way. Next time we would probably fly directly to Masai Mara from the Samburu airstrip instead of driving.

jasonlu01   –
Taiwan TW
Visited: July 2014 Reviewed: Jun 6, 2015

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

To feel humanbeing as part of wildlife nature and find the beautful essence of all creatures.

I think the Samburu is wonderful place ,but I also find there are a lot of children need help.

aaroy   –
Visited: May 2015 Reviewed: May 6, 2015

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Very nice park, with less tourists than the more famous parks. Big cats are there, though not in large numbers. Zebras and giraffes are differents species than here than in the south/central Kenya.