​User Reviews – Samburu NR

Angel P. A.   –
Mexico MX
Visited: October 2007 Reviewed: Apr 19, 2012

35-50 years of age

An Exciting place for every kind of visitors with hihg density of animals and excelent services

My general impression is a place to see animals on their real habitat on very close situations. I personally stayed at the Samburu Serena Lodge. They are really friendly and accommodations are great. Also the food at the buffet.
The reserve is a very small place but the river is the meeting point for all kind of animals. The secret is to get a good guide with experience in a vehicle on good conditions.
I did all my trip to Africa helped locally with Abercombie & Kent and for sure they are the best on the continent. I think the most important think is do arrangements with a local company plenty of experience capable on connections and services continuity from one park to another.

MeisjeSanne   –
Netherlands NL
Visited: August 2006 Reviewed: Apr 16, 2012

35-50 years of age

In the footsteps of Joy Adamson

A wonderfull peacefull place, with a lot of wildlife. Giraffe, buffalo, waterbuck, elephants, zebra and the beautiful Grevy's zebra. Also Lion, leopard and cheetah are also quite easy to spot. The gerenuks wich stand on their hind legs to feed are great to see.

The landscape is rich and varied with hills and plains, wood, grassland and a river that runs through.

joyandtony   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: October 2007 Reviewed: Apr 7, 2012

Email joyandtony  |  50-65 years of age

A truly wonderful experience, which fulfilled all our expectations. It was a holiday of a lifetime!

We thought that the wildlife was superb spotting all the big five including a glimpse of a leopard, the scenery was great and the weather was very good. The accommodation was excellent staying in a lodge in Samburu National Park. We had own our guide who could not do enough for us taking us on extra safaris and we even visited a Samburu village and tasted their way of life. The food was well cooked and we even tried crocodile and ostrich eggs. Cannot wait to go back again

Claus Hjoernet Visited: August 2011 Reviewed: Jan 9, 2012