This fantastic holiday combines Rwanda’s Parc des Volcans and Mafia Island in the Indian Ocean. You’ll spend time tracking wild mountain gorillas and endangered golden monkeys in Rwanda before flying to Tanzania's capital, Dar Es Salam. Following a night there, you will head off to laid-back Mafia Island, where you can enjoy activities such as kayaking, sailing trips with local fishermen, hiking, bird watching, diving, snorkeling, cultural tours and visits to local villages.
This luxury tour uses lodges and hotels.
This tour will be run exclusively for you. Transfers and game drives at private camps will be shared.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request changes to this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 16 years
The minimum age for this tour is 16 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1-3Virunga Lodge Luxury lodge outside Volcanoes NP (Rwanda)Day 1: Lunch & Dinner Included
Day 2-3: All Meals Included
4The Oyster Bay Hotel Luxury hotel in or near Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)Breakfast & Lunch Included
5-10Pole Pole Luxury lodge in or near Mafia Island (Beach, Tanzania)Breakfast & Dinner Included
11End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Wayfairer Travel, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Wayfairer Travel.