Weather & Climate – Tsimanampetsotsa NP
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of many guidebooks to African destinations, including the Insight guide to Madagascar.
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Philip is the author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Climate Chart Tsimanampetsotsa National Park – 2-269m / -7-883ft
Tsimanampetsotsa NP has a hot, dry climate, typical of the southwest of Madagascar. There is however a Wet and a Dry season. The Dry season months are April to October, while November to March marks the Wet season. It gets extremely hot in the Wet season and any rain comes as a relief.
Dry season –April to October – Winter
The Dry season months see little rain and humidity is low. The average daytime temperature is 28°C/82°F, which drops to around 16°C/61°F at night.
- April – This is a shoulder month that marks the beginning of the Dry season. It is still hot with daytime temperatures averaging 32°C/90°F.
- May, June, July, August & September – It cools down a little to daytime temperatures of 27°C/81°F in July, and nights are cooler at 15°C/59°F.
- October – Temperatures increase slightly to an average of 29°C/84°F. It is still very dry, but there might be some rain at the end of the month.
Wet season –November to March – Summer
The Wet season months are hot and humid. Daytime temperatures average at 33°C/91°F but they can peak much higher. Any rain is refreshing as it temporarily decreases the humidity and heat.
- November – This is the beginning of the rainy season. As it is a shoulder month, rain might only start later in the month.
- December, January & February – Sometime in December, the rainy season kicks in. January sees the peak of the rains. The humidity increases and although temperatures are only a little bit higher than in the Dry season months, the heat is much more oppressive.
- March – This is a shoulder month and the rain tends to cease at the end of the month while the humidity decreases. In the daytime it gets to around 34°C/95°F and at night temperatures are around 21°C/70°F.