Kapama Game Reserve- Overview Kapama Safaris
About Kapama Game Reserve
Kapama is a private game reserve with several high-end safari lodges offering a range of activities including elephant back safaris and elephant interaction. Although all big safari animals are present, including the big five, emphasis is more on the activities in this wild setting.
- Aside from game drives and bush walks, elephant back and balloon safaris are offered
- Several luxury lodges with different style and atmosphere
- Excellent wellness centre
- Expensive packages and no self-drive option
- Less authentic experience than in bigger eco-systems
All major safari animals are present in Kapama, including the Big Five. The reserve is a former cattle ranch and has been re-stocked with animals that would have naturally occurred here previously. It is fully fenced and isn't part of a greater ecosystem, which takes away some of the wilderness appeal.
More about Kapama's wildlife
Kapama's habitat consists of savanna woodland, grassland and riverine bush. Several waterholes and dams are put in to provide water throughout the year.Want to visit Kapama?