Best Time to Visit – Limpopo NP
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of many Bradt guidebooks to African destinations, including the guide to Mozambique.
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of the Bradt guidebook to Mozambique.
Philip is the author of the Bradt guidebook to Mozambique.
Wildlife viewing in Limpopo NP is difficult due to the low densities of animals, but sightings tend to be better from the middle to the end of the Dry season (from July to October). Animals are forced to drink at the rivers and permanent water sources as there is no other water in the park. The lack of water means the vegetation has also thinned out, which makes spotting animals easier.
May to October –Dry Season
- Wildlife viewing is at its best
- Lots of sunshine and not much rain
- Risk of malaria is minimal
- Skies are hazy, and vegetation looks parched
- From May to August warm clothing is needed for early morning activities
November to April –Wet Season
- Scenery is green and fresh
- A favorite time for birders, with migratory birds in the park
- Newborn animals are common
- Wildlife watching is less rewarding
- Hot and humid conditions
- Malaria is more of a concern
- Roads deteriorate by the rain
Best Time to Go to Mozambique by Major Park