Mala Mala Game Reserve- Overview Mala Mala Safaris
About Mala Mala Game Reserve
Although geographically part of Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Mala Mala is an independent private game reserve bordering Kruger National Park without fences. It offers some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa with easy, quality sightings of the Big Five and leopard, in particular.
- Superb wildlife viewing with almost guaranteed sightings of the Big Five
- Off-road driving in open vehicles allows close animal encounters
- Day and night drives and walking safaris conducted by highly trained guides
- Largest property on Sabi Sands with extensive river frontage
- No traversing rights with other properties making it very exclusive
- More affordable than some of the other Sabi Sands properties
- No budget or self-drive options
- Accommodation hasn't been upgraded for a long time and is no frills compared to its competitors
- Big emphasis on ticking off the Big Five animals
Mala Mala offers some of the best wildlife viewing on the continent. The Big Five is usually ticked off in two days and leopards are easily spotted on most drives. All sightings are exclusive to Mala Mala visitors because the park doesn't give traversing rights to other properties, as is common practice in the Sabi Sands reserves. This means quality sightings as you are allowed to spend more time without having to move on to make space for other vehicles (only three vehicles are allowed per wildlife sighting).
More about Mala Mala's wildlife
Mala Mala is sandwiched between Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Game Reserve with open borders on both sides. The vegetation consists of woodland savanna, dense riverine forest, acacia bushveld, open grassland and rocky outcrops. The Sand River flows north to south through the park for 20km / 13mi and attracts abundant wildlife in the Dry season.Want to visit Mala Mala?
Safari Reviews- Mala Mala
All 30 user reviews