Best Time to Visit – Mala Mala GR
Philip lives in South Africa and is the author of many guidebooks to African destinations, including the Bradt and Insight guide to South Africa.
Philip lives in South Africa and is the author of many Africa guidebooks, including the Bradt and Insight guide to South Africa.
Philip is the author of many Africa guidebooks, including the Bradt and Insight guides to South Africa.
Philip is the author of the Bradt and Insight guides to South Africa.
The best wildlife viewing in Mala Mala is during the winter months of May to September. Winter is the Dry season and the bush thins out at this time as animals seek relief from the drought at waterholes and rivers. September is probably the best time of all since it is slightly warmer than the rest of the winter months.
May to September –Dry Season – Winter
- Wildlife is easier to spot as vegetation thins, and animals gather around rivers and waterholes
- Quieter and less busy
- Sunshine is abundant with few clouds
- It isn't humid, and daytime temperatures are pleasant
- There is little risk of malaria
- It is very dry, and dust is everywhere
- You need warm winter clothes for early morning game drives
October to April –Wet Season – Summer
- Scenery is nice and green
- There are many newborn animals and wildlife is healthy
- Birding is excellent, and the migratory birds are present
- The Dry season is better for wildlife viewing
- It is busier with more tourists, especially during school holidays
- It gets hot and humid
- Antimalarial medication is recommended
Best Time to go to South Africa by Major Park
Mala Mala GRJanJFebFMarMAprAMayMJunJJulJAugASepSOctONovNDecD