User Reviews – Moremi GR

We stayed in tented "camps" that were more like 4 and 5 star hotels! The food and accommodations were first rate. The wildlife was nearby - I mean really CLOSE. Elephants would suddenly pop out of the bush. We were also fortunate enough to see a leopard hunting and lions mating. The roads are rough, so be prepared for some long, hot days in a safari vehicle. But, remember that there will be a lovely glass of South African wine and a spectacular sunset at the end of the road!

No large groups of animals, but scenically gave me the Moremi a little like better.

Best in Botswana

Amazing sightings - Leopards, Lions, Wild Dogs, Elephants, Hippos, Crocs, Antelope, Birds etc etc etc.
On my trip to Botswana I visited the Okavango Delta, Chobe and Moremi. As much as the other places were great, Moremi was certainly the best for wildlife. Not only was there lots of variety, you could get close to the animals so its great for photography. I'd always wanted to see a leopard in a tree and a leopard with a kill and I got both of these in one day. Another day it was lions swimming across a river, another day was a pack of Wild Dogs running along the river banks. So much to see and so much beauty, I fully recommend visiting Moremi GR.

Great Place for Wildlife Viewing

Interesting combination of bush and water allows the viewing of a large variety of wildlife. Some of the tracks are "iffy" requiring a certain 4x4 driving skill. One very negative experience was the sightin of a leopard, when our guide reported it to his colleagues from our lodge on a supposedly "private frequency" a total of 14 vehicles, 12 of them either from other lodges or self-drive descended on the place jostling for the best view.

Moremi was another favorite destination. So many active animals in June. Hundreds of elephants and many lions, buffalo, wild dog, hyena and leopard. I especially liked our campground which was near one of the bridges. Beautiful spot!

Photography. Exceptional bird life and wildlife. Would highly recommend

Moremi is a great place to see wildlife in its natural setting -- we camped right next to a lagoon with hippos grazing and snorting within 10 feet of our tent at night.

Again, the Moremi GR is another pearl in the string of Botswana's game reserves and national parks. Don't miss it!

Simple easy camping friendly game site

Moremi game drive is situated at a comfortable distance from maun meaning that the accommodation at maun works well. The reserve has a wonderful campsite and guides are trained professionals. Guided facilities are recommended as they can spot better game sightings. However a good 4x4 vehicle makes this place a good destination for a self drive safari if you are camping. The trails are well defined and the park monitored by the rangers. Spotting of lepords and running giraffes are my favs. Elephants are plenty in Botswana and wonderful place to visit and will not blow a whole into your travel budget.

Moremi has it all.....wildlife, birds and scenery

• 4.7/5