User Reviews – Moremi GR

Amazing plains full of animals - giraffe alongside elephants, zebra, kudu, baboons

Amazing experiences with Botswana wildlife

Had an amazing time with Australian photographer extraordinaire Ken Duncan and his lovely wife Pam (www.kenduncan.com) and a group of fellow photography enthusiasts from Australia, New Zealand and the UK organised by Patrick and Elaine Brakspear of African Encounter tours (www.africanencounter.com.au).

Our guides and their support team from Safari and Guide Services (https://sgsafrica.com/) did an awesome job of setting up our mobile camp from scratch in the Khwai community trust grounds adjacent to Moremi Game Reserve and looking after us so well while we were there. Then removing all indications of our having been there when the camp was over.

We spent three wonder-filled days around Khwai and Moremi viewing and photographing antelope, elephant, fish eagle, giraffe, hamerkop, hornbill, impala, lilac-breasted roller, kudu, leopard, lion and the list goes on. You can check out some of my images at https://www.flickr.com/photos/its_all_about_the_light/albums/72157693627282180 if you like.

Great teams looking after us. And really impressed with Botswana generally and the commitment to wildlife preservation rather than hunting since 2014. Looking forward to returning!

Stuning experience in close contact with small and big wildlife fellows

Wildlife: here are few places in Africa where you hav concrete chance to spot lion, leopards, hyena, cheetahs, and wild dogs in one day; abundance of elephants is Amazing, antelopes (red lechwe, impala) and zebra everywhere
Scenery is absolutetly, wild, men presence is discreet altough there are many tourists
Weather in August is cool/cold in the night, pleasant and dry during the day
We spent all our nights in so-called Boga camps, camping sites assigned on personal basis, never sharing with Others, giving to you the fantastic experience of a close contact with Wildlife...no fences, we had in the camp lions, leopard, elephant, honey badgers

Same reason as above.

Savuti is dabuti! (Great in spanish)

A fabulous stop!

We spent three days/three nights in Camp Moremi, and enjoyed every moment of it. Being at the Okavango Delta, there was lots of water even in the dry season, which made it attractive for all sorts of wildlife. We saw leopards, lions, crocodiles, hippos and birds of every type, all in great numbers. Camp Moremi was a fabulous camp, with good food and pleasant staff.

Walking in Moremi Game reserve is one of Africa's most incredible and natural experiences

Getting out of the fabulous Oddballs Camp before the African sun rises is an essential part of any experience in Moremi Game Reserve. It allows you to be in the vast plains as dawn breaks and the colours begin to come to life, to hear the incredible sounds of bird chorus mixed with the lions roar and the hyenas laughter.
My guide (armed with only his bird book as guns are not encouraged in Moremi) took me for 9 days into the reserve on foot. I had no idea the difference between a walking safari and jeep safari. No motor or engine to clash with natures sounds, just your own footprints. We spent hours walking through long grasses, vast plains and dense forests. We came across so much wildlife, birdlife and insect life I came away with a completely different experience to anything I had enjoyed in the Serengeti, Namibia or South Africa. We seemed to spend most of our time watching the wildlife that's trying to move away from you or moving away from the wildlife that's definitely got its eye on you.
Standing still and staring at a growling lioness, running to the termite mound to avoid the water buffalo or mavourering past 3 bull elephants on foot is exhilarating and you never have this on a jeep. I don't know anywhere you see this outside Moremi.

We meet most of the animals that we meant to see.

Very nice and a private Reserve that is just great so you can follow any track and find amazing little details and great animals!!

3 days on More Game Reserve

I had the chance to spend 3 nights and 4 days in the area of the Okavango Delta/ More Game reserve. Me and my girlfriends stayed at Okavango River Lodge, really nice location with a bar/restaurant right next to the river where you can see a beautiful sunset every evening.

The reserve is a beautiful area where I had the chance to see Hippos, a mother lioness with her cubs, group of hyenas and lots (lots lots lots) of Elephants. We had a large group cross the road all around us one day when we were returning from the reserve. Rhinos are very hard to see at Moremi but not impossible, seems the local anti-poaching unit is keeping the Rhinos on a more restricted area deep within the delta so the Rhino population can be boosted up. As for the driving, Moremi does allow for self drive but I do not recommend it for the average tourist(my case). The road condition is fine as long as it is dry and you stick to the main roads within the reserve. On the secondary roads there are no signs and you pretty much have to be offroading for a good amount of time, chances of getting lost are not low there.

The guides know how to get you in and out of the best spots to see Wildlife without you having to worry to step out of the car to lock your differentials in the same area where you saw a pride of Lions the day before :)

So my overall suggestion is to book a guided a tour within the reserve, bring your camera and your tele lens if you have one and enjoy.

The Okavango delta boat tour gives you the chance to see elephants along the shallow parts, water birds, eagles, crocodiles. You have to be lucky to see water buffalos but it is possible. We did not see any :(

• 4.7/5