User Reviews – Moremi GR

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 51-59 of 59 Reviews
if you love wildlife then this place will blow you away

We spent 10 days traveling through the Botswana game reserves - in Moremi we bushed camped in the national park. There were lots of widlife to see, especially lions. we stumbled upon a fresh kill of a baby elephant. Not the prettiest but you could appreciate the power of the lion. One of my favorite ever holidays.

I loved the Moremi Game Reserve because it was where I met the elephants; Jabu, Thembi and Morula. All three had been rescued and rehabilitated as part of a scheme set up by the livingwithelephants foundation (http://www.livingwithelephants.org/visit.htm). To be able to interact with these incredible animals in their natural habitat was an enchanting and unforgettable experience.

amazing wildlife experience and everything I imagined a safari would be like

Accommodations - I went through Desert and Delta and really liked all their accommodations and their staff. Everyone was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly at Moremi, out of all the lodges, their staff were the most welcoming and my friends and I had such a good time with them. The food was amazing and they even made a separate dish for my friend who doesn't eat red meat. The tents are very clean and well-maintained and the bathrooms were really nice too. It was funny having a full bathroom in the middle of the wild but I definitely appreciated it.

Weather - it got really cold at night and was cold when we were out on the safari. Definitely bring layers and ask for a hot water bottle for the morning ride! It made a difference.

Scenery and Wildlife - Moremi was by the far my favorite out of the three preserves we visited. We would rarely come across another truck unless there was some really rare wildlife that was hard to spot (ie. a leopardess hunting, a pride of lions, etc). We were incredibly lucky and got to watch a pack of Wild African Dogs hunt and take down an impala, a leopardess stalk and hunt, and a pride of lions who were lounging around after a kill. We also saw zebras, other antelopes, giraffes, elephants, hippos, ox, warthogs, and a lot of rodent type of creatures, plus a lot of birds.

I would definitely love to go back someday!

Has everything! Seclusion, bush experience, interesting routes and roads/bridges coupled with diverse wildlife and birds. Water, water, water - in Souther Africa it is like magic bringing everything to life and abundance! A must see/stop over for at least 3-4 days on a tight budget, even longer if you can!

Moremi was the highlight of the trip. Due to its game reserve status, the number of people allowed into the area provided a much more secluded experience. We honestly did not see another tour group for about a week. The isolation and massive amounts of wildlife made it my premier destination in Botswana. Highly, highly recommend it.

A very wide area where you can find almost all the animals living in Botswana. The park is so wide that often you won't see other people, and you'll live a true bush experience.

This was my favorite park...I have never seen colors like this in the grass, trees and land before...something very spiritual about Moremi.

Boating and birding at Xigera on a different level to everything else ever seen.

Beautiful and quiet, and one of the best places in Africa to view wild dogs.

• 4.7/5