User Reviews – Lake Nakuru NP

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 21-30 of 73 Reviews

No flamingo

It is a pretty park with a variety of wildlife. However, there is a good deal of development around the park which is especially evident after dark, when the light pollution is visible.

No flamingos

Worth it to go! Great wildlife also here!

Unfortunately because of global warming flamingos are no longer there...

Lots Of Birdlife & Rhinos

The wildlife seen within Nakuru NP complemented that seen in other Kenyan national parks. Didn't see any big cats or elephants, but plenty of zebra, giraffe, buffalo, baboons, warthogs, & a variety of antelopes. Highlights were the rhino sightings, adults and young.
Saw more birds (25+ species) here than elsewhere including plenty of flamingos, pelicans and other water birds (the lake level was very high such that several of the roads were underwater and impassable).
Definitely worth a visit.

Many flamingos there!!

A more lush area, animals are harder to see at times but very beautiful.

Very beautiful park I liked more than Masai Mara, at sunrise the landscape is stunning! Wildlife here is not as rich as Masai Mara but still worth a one day visit

Nice park, more beautiful then expected!

I'm not a fan of fenced in parks, they just feel like really nice zoos to me, but this one is very beautiful and does have lots of animals. I read online about the lack of flamingos, but I saw many of them on my visit, not the thousands you see in the icon photos, but enough to feel like the park had lots of them, so I wasn't disappointed. I'm not planning on going back anytime soon, the fence and town around the park killed this one for me, but if you can get past that, the park is stunningly beautiful and the wildlife viewing is top notch!

• 4.4/5