User Reviews – Ngorongoro

I was very pleased with our guide and his excellent knowledge. He made sure we got the most out of our game drives. We visited Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Par

Lot of animals! The scenery is very different, given it's a crater you can see far and wide which also means seeing a lot of animals. It does, however, mean that there are not many surprises hidden in the bushes, or the other side of a hill (as there are none).

Ngorongoro Crater is the best pace for viewing wildlife.

We had a great time in Ngorongoro Crater. Animals are naturally confined in the crater, 10 miles in circumference. They can get in and out, but most choose to stay. Tourists are in trucks circulating on dirt roads. So many different animals: lions, zebras, wildebeast, cape buffalo, hyenas, jackels, hippos, rhinos. ostrich. All doing their thing mostly ignoring the watchers in the trucks. We felt like we were in a cage watching the animals roam free. We saw hippos in a pool; pride of lions eating a cape buffalo encircled by a ring of jackels and a ring of hyenas; lions chasing buffalo and then being chased by the buffalo. Weather was OK. It rained briefly and the washes filled up. Then it stopped raining and the sun was out again. We stayed in Sanctuary Camp in the crater. Great experience to be in a tent with amenities and close enough to the crater to hear the animals at night. Not necessary for enjoyment of the crater though. Even a day trip from Arusha to the crater would be worth it to see this beautiful place. Our guide was excellent. He knew all the animals and most of the birds we saw. Good at spotting animals at a distance. Knew exactly where to go and when to be there for best animal viewing.

Absolutely mind blowing!

The size of the crater, the natural beauty created by the volcanic irruption is impressive.

Ngorongoro is an extraordinary and particular site located in a volcano crater which concentrate all kinds of animals and birds , predators and preys...

Best experience of my life!

I've done a few safaris but none compare to Ngorongoro Crater. The scenery was magnificent as the sun poured down the crater's rim. The wide open spaces meant it was easy to see herds of zebra, wildebeest and impala, with warthogs snuffling in between. I saw loads of hyenas trotting along and also baby foxes. A pride of lionesses walked single file high up on the rim that that of similar colour and I got great photos of this. I also got to see an illusive serval! Not only was I lucky enough to see rhino, but witness them making a baby - this is so unusual that other guides did not believe mine that we had seen this!

My guide Bori had 17 year's experience and was amazing and spotting animals in the distance - whilst we were looking at hyenas, it was he who noticed in the far distance the rhino and got us there before it was too late! This guy can drive past hundreds of trees and take you right away to the one with the leopard in, it's like a sixth sense.

Our jeep was great, had sockets so we could charge camera batteries and phones. The roof lifted so that we could stand and get a perfect view, but still be shielded from the sun. We camped at the edge of the crater and were visited by an elephant after the water tank. The rangers kept it away from the tents and the tourists photographed this. The food was locally sourced, fresh and tasty - lots of bananas!

My only wish was to be there longer!

I loved a small plain in the Crater, i managed to see all big five animals and also a story of Ngorongoro is very natural source of its beauty.

Amazing , one lion was just beside our car , also u can see the rihnor . I saw 3 . Just amazing

It's everything you can imagine plus more