Weather & Climate – Nosy Mangabe SR
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of many guidebooks to African destinations, including the Insight guide to Madagascar.
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Philip is the author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Climate Chart Nosy Mangabe Special Reserve – 0-332m / 0-1,089ft
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
Nosy Mangabe’s climate is wet and tropical. Humidity is high throughout the year, but the period from August to November is a bit drier. Nosy Mangabe, like the rest of the east coast, is prone to torrential rains and cyclones and February and March see the worst of these conditions. Waterproof clothing is essential.
Dry season –August to November
It is cooler than in the Wet season and the overall humidity is lower as well. It still rains quite frequently, but downpours are less heavy. Daytime temperatures are around 25°C/77°F.
- August – It rains less towards the end of the month. With temperatures reaching 24°C/75°F, afternoons are temperate. Evenings and early mornings are cooler with temperatures of around 15°C/59°F.
- September & October – These are the driest months but it can still rain at any time. It warms up slightly to average maximum temperatures of 25°C/77°F in October. Showers are less frequent.
- November – It starts to warm up to an average daytime temperature of 27°C/81°F and nights are pleasant at 18°C/64°F. It is still relatively dry with moderate humidity.
Wet season –December to July
It is very hot and humid throughout the Wet season months. It rains often and waterproof clothing is essential. Daytime temperatures average at 29°C/84°F but peak temperatures are often higher.
- December & January – Rain and general humidity increases in December. Daytime temperatures are around 29°C/84°F.
- February, March & April – These are the wettest months and there is a risk of cyclones. Torrential downpours are quite common. The sea tends to be choppy during these months and boat transfers might not be possible.
- May, June & July – The heavy rains cease while temperatures drop. It still rains, but it tends to be gentle rain. July is the coolest month with daytime temperatures around 23°C/73°F.