User Reviews – Okavango Delta

Out of this world

The bush walks in particular were extremely exciting. We also got to take a helicopter ride which was a beautiful way to see how the Delta is situated.

Hippos and elephants - as we were on a walking Safari the other animals were quite far away

It is a great place for Birding. I should’ve stayed at a better reserve.

A unique habitat

Really good boat trips, and meeting a bull Elephant in must, while in Mokoro dugout canoe was very exciting. Ranger guides on land less interesting. Excellent accommodation at Nguma lodge, in perfect setting. However a torrential downpour cancelled a boat trip and dampened our enthusiasm.

A river which fails to meet the sea

The Okabango Delta, called the jewel of Kalahari in Africa, changes the shape of the waterway and plants grow to block it. Hippos living in lakes and swamps here can pass through the blocked waterways or expand their channels.

The swamps in the Okabang Lake grow very well, thanks to the rivers and the nutrients in them. As a natural environment, a large number of animals and birds gather here and breed in a swamp in the middle of a dry terrain. Large animals such as hippos and elephants are easy to see and have various birds.

This was the first part of our trip and was perhaps the best start we could have asked for. The tranquil trip down the delta was very soothing and relaxing. We camped out overnight and experienced the beautiful night sky and morning views. Sunset and sunrise on the delta are memories I will never forget.

A very different ecperience from any that I've had before in a very good way!

We stayed at Moremi Crossing, which was excellent, having flown in by light aircraft from Maun. The weather was very good for us -sunny but not too hot. The clear skies were magnificent at night - coming from a relatively light polluted area the chance to see (and photograph) the Milky Way was great. We say a variety of wildlife and my abiding memory was of an elephant at close quarters from a Mokoro (the experience of being poled through the waterways in a Mokoro was magical too). We also saw Red Lechwe, buffalo, hippo and a great variety of birds - I couldn't define myself as a birder but there certainly seemed to be an abundance.

Our accommodation was very good with excellent food and a pleasant atmosphere.

Excellent for bird and wildlife photography

Amazing, amazing, amazing.