User Reviews – Queen Elizabeth NP

Fantastic scenery and plenty of wildlife.

I have been to Q.E 15 times and just love this place. The views from the crater area is magnificent. A trip with the Jetty up Kazinga Channel is an absolutely must, the the bird life is second to none and watching the elephants coming for a swim at sunset is not bad either. I've all seen leopard there and of course plenty of hippos.
I've lived in Uganda 1998-2002 and have later been back to stay at Mweya lodge, witch I love!! The views are amazing and sitting by the flow over pool watching the the animals by the river with a sun downer after a day of safari....lost for words!
Anette from Denmark

A enourmas park, but less animals.

amazing encounter with elephants, lots of antilopes, giraffe, baboons, and a funy boat trip on the nile

safari as it is!

good for gaming

An unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime African experience!!

To actually see wildlife in their natural environment was a stunning and unique experience. The numerous elephants, water buffaloes, Impalas and Kob antelope made our safari with our guide, Sam, a breathtaking
tour of the QE National Park. The Kazinga Channel cruise was awe-inspiring, as we ventured very near elephants, hippos, water buffaloes, and crocodiles! The more amazing photos I gathered were of the numerous fish-eagles, one of which had a talapia fish held in its talons as it flew and landed on a tree branch!!
We had accommodations at the Mweya Lodge which was fantastic! The views of the Rwenzori Mountains and the Kazinga Channel from its mountaintop location was great! One could see elephants and other wildlife walking about the shores of the Kazinga Channel from the patio of our room! The food is first-rate and the rooms were luxurious as well. The general manager and host at the Mweya Lodge was very friendly and gave us historical accounts and other information on the area.
The QE Nat'l Park was a difficult drive and the weather was warm but it accounts for the African 'experience'.
Uganda is truly the "Pearl of Africa" !!

When we visited half of the Park at Ishasha had been burnt to encourage the regrowth of grass and tree species so it felt a little sparse and barron. We did see plenty of Antelope species here along with Warthogs, Hippos down by the river and lots of different forest butterflies but missed out on the tree climbing Lions as they had gone further out of the park that day. Saw plenty but often at distance.

Uganda's main safari park. Worth a visit if you are in Uganda, but I think there are better opportunities outside Uganda for big game. They changed the rules recently so drivers get fined if they go off the trails. I appreciate that there is probably an environmental reason for this, but it meant that we didn't get very close to any of the animals

Very big park, lots of opportunities to spend several days.

We drove through Queen Elizabeth between National Parks and really could not believe the wildlife. I wish we had more time there. We met people who camped there, who really loved their experience.

• 4.2/5