User Reviews – Queen Elizabeth NP

An unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime African experience!!

To actually see wildlife in their natural environment was a stunning and unique experience. The numerous elephants, water buffaloes, Impalas and Kob antelope made our safari with our guide, Sam, a breathtaking
tour of the QE National Park. The Kazinga Channel cruise was awe-inspiring, as we ventured very near elephants, hippos, water buffaloes, and crocodiles! The more amazing photos I gathered were of the numerous fish-eagles, one of which had a talapia fish held in its talons as it flew and landed on a tree branch!!
We had accommodations at the Mweya Lodge which was fantastic! The views of the Rwenzori Mountains and the Kazinga Channel from its mountaintop location was great! One could see elephants and other wildlife walking about the shores of the Kazinga Channel from the patio of our room! The food is first-rate and the rooms were luxurious as well. The general manager and host at the Mweya Lodge was very friendly and gave us historical accounts and other information on the area.
The QE Nat'l Park was a difficult drive and the weather was warm but it accounts for the African 'experience'.
Uganda is truly the "Pearl of Africa" !!

When we visited half of the Park at Ishasha had been burnt to encourage the regrowth of grass and tree species so it felt a little sparse and barron. We did see plenty of Antelope species here along with Warthogs, Hippos down by the river and lots of different forest butterflies but missed out on the tree climbing Lions as they had gone further out of the park that day. Saw plenty but often at distance.

Uganda's main safari park. Worth a visit if you are in Uganda, but I think there are better opportunities outside Uganda for big game. They changed the rules recently so drivers get fined if they go off the trails. I appreciate that there is probably an environmental reason for this, but it meant that we didn't get very close to any of the animals

Very big park, lots of opportunities to spend several days.

We drove through Queen Elizabeth between National Parks and really could not believe the wildlife. I wish we had more time there. We met people who camped there, who really loved their experience.

Game drives in Queen Elizabeth

I spent one day and one night in Queen Elizabeth and did the game drive in Inshasha and one in the north of the park. The scenery was good especially in the south of the park. We saw lots of animals including several close encounters with elephants. Sadly no lions though. I drove my personal car but we picked up an UWA ranger for the game drive. I'm glad we did since he knew the best places to stop which I would have likely passed otherwise. We stayed overnight @theRiver which I definitely recommend. Good food and accommodation. There were not many other tourists around so it felt like we had a lot of the park to ourselves. I went in February which is the dry season and was a nice climate.

Wow, this place was not as expected. A lot less animals than expected and while the boat trip was a different way to do a safari in africa, the commentary while on the boat was a real disappointment.

An interesting park but a little too crowded for my own taste. A nice selection of wild life

Excellent because of the beauty of the place, the boat safari's and the lions!!!

We stayed at Mbewa Lodge and Ishasha Camp. Highlight of our whole trip was a boat trip on the Kazinga Channel seeing so many water birds and elephants. Tree-climbing lions were amazing in Ishasha

• 4.2/5