Reviews

Spain   –
Spain ES
Visited: September 2023 Reviewed: Oct 7, 2023

Email Spain  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

The review below is the personal opinion of Spain and not that of SafariBookings.
DON’T BOOK WITH THEM

Purity was the operator that I was talking to by email. At the beginning she was answering quickly to my questions so I decided to book and pay the amount she told me. Once I paid I had to wait since 31st May to 29th June to have my confirmation. I had to send several emails (without answer) and that was feeling like a scam. After that, I had to write her a few days before to make sure everything was fine and that was when she told me the planning had changed “because the government increased the price of the entrance fee”, so we had 1 day of 5 without visit to any park. Even that happened and I was informed two days before arrival, the price stayed the same. When we arrived there hopefully we met the best driver ever, Ken, who was working for another company and took care of us with all his love. The last day he informed us that we were going to change into another car to arrive at Namanga border where we were supposed to take a bus that would bring us to our hotel in Arusha (final destination). We met that second driver at Amboseli’a date. He came driving his van very fast and shouting at us and at Ken. We couldn’t understand anything but finally he left us there without explanation and left driving unsafe. That was a nightmare for us, that were about to lose our shuttle bus and were scared. We had to change into a third van and arrived at Namanga border where we met Abbas, the man that was going to “help” us within there. He asked us the name of the hotel in Arusha and said Arusha wasn’t safe so they will going to bring us our hotel. Finally we took the bus but our destination changed again without explanation as he left us somewhere in Arusha. We had to take a taxi after being in the middle of 20-30 men trying to force us to go with them on their “taxis”, in a very unsafe area. When I reached Purity on WhatsApp she seemed surprised and worried but when I asked for the amount of the taxi she turned the same: no answer, no help, so I had to talk to my lawyer to start a process against the company. Sometimes you go for the cheapest and that turns into the most expensive experience. Think twice before booking…

Alex   –
Belgium BE
Visited: October 2023 Reviewed: Oct 11, 2023

Email Alex  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Essential safari experience for affordable price

This was the best affordable offer we could find for a budget safari tour for 3 days and it went very well. We chose to stay at another hotel located nearby to the one normally used for this tour (booked separately, and the accommodation cost of the lodge normally used in this tour was deduced from the price). We saw lots of animals (although the great migration was already over by begin October). After the tour we planned to go to lake Naivasha, not to Nairobi. Much to our surprise (we were planning to go there by ourselves from Mai-Mahiu stop), the agency arranged for us to join a separate transfer with another group, who brought us to our next point so that we did not need to think how to get there by ourselves. At no extra cost. Naivasha is located on the way to Nakuru, another safari destination, so it was convenient. All negotiations with the agency went smoothly in watsapp and email. They communicate well and reply fast. So it is easy to customize the tour to large extent, if needed. Good value for money.

Sharmila   –
Germany DE
Visited: December 2023 Reviewed: Jan 2, 2024

Email Sharmila  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Once in a lifetime safari experience

We recently did a 7days safari starting from Nairobi covering Maasai Mara 2N- Lake Nakaru 1N- lake Naivasha/Amboseli 2N- Tsavo east 1N with drop off at Diani Mombasa. It was a lifetime experience. Our driver Mutemi was highly experienced and a nice friendly guy. He made sure we had maximum spotting and fun at the same time. We were able to see all the big 5s and a lot more. Our favorite at the end was definitely Masai Mara, it was truly exceptional but the other parks could be better in other times of the year. We went after the rainy season so Amboseli and Tsavo was quite empty. Overall would definitely recommend this company to others, they are reliable, can tailer fit your safari package as per your needs and budget and give you the best experience to take home.

Abhaya Premawardena   –
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Feb 10, 2024

Email Abhaya Premawardena  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

We were able to have a great safari without breaking the bank

We had a great experience with this company with the 6-day Masai Mara Lake Nakuru Amboseli Safari. We chose the mid-range accommodation option and were blown away by the quality of accommodation for the price we paid. They picked us up from Nairobi and did the Masai mara the first. It was amazing. possibly the #1 option for safari and it is the only park in Kenya where they allow off-roading which allows us to be right next to the animals. The Lion population is very high in this park and we saw some amazing encounters. We also saw Baffalo elephants and ostrich and Giraffe (Masai Giraffe). There is a wide variety of animals in this park including Crocodiles and Hippos right next to Kenya Tanzania border in the Mara River. Next, we headed out to Lake Nakuru and there we saw the tree-climbing lions of Lake Nakuru large numbers of Baboons and Black Rhino also the pink flamingoes of lake Nakuru. Next, we had a boat tour of Lake Navisha on the way which was optional. We are glad we took it as we saw the Fishing eagles perform and large groups of hippos out of the water. Next, we headed to Lake Amboselli and man what a backdrop to those majestic elephants in the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro. This park is dominated by Amboselli Elephant s and it is hard to see any of the predators. The meeting with the Masai people was also a highlight of this tour. They used Vans instead of land cruisers for the tour and they were more than adequate.

We stayed in the following hotels - Jambo Mara (Masai Mara) Buhara Zenoni (Nakuru) and AA Lodge in Amboselli, They were all spectacular. The one negative was there was the safari lunches which were always Chicken a sandwich and a banana. It is understandable though it would have been difficult to pack anything else. The Guides/ drivers we had Derick and Edward were very good. Make sure you get a good knowledgeable guide as that is 90% of the enjoyment of the safari.

It was definitely a Bucket List item for us and most definitely the best vacation we ever had. Jambo Kenya,

4.2/5

Disclaimer

• All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Bienvenido Kenya Tours and Safaris, not SafariBookings