Paradise & Wilderness
- Offices In:
- 50-100 employees (Founded in 2006)
- Member Of:
- TATO, TALA & ZATI
- Tour Types:
- Mid-range & luxury tours that, when possible, use accommodations owned and operated by them
- Price Range:
- $200 to $1,000 ppper person per day (USD, excl. int'l flights)
Average User Rating
Email Valentina | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Poorly organised & we still haven't been refunded for cancelled activity
- Before the trip even started, communication (regarding payment & our pickup arrangement) with our booking agent was so terrible to a point where we suspected the legitimacy of this company.
- We had to chase our booking agent numerous times (payment has been made at this point) before he finally sent us a pickup driver's contact details
- Before we departed, we sent the pickup driver a message to confirm. He was surprised to hear from us as he wasn't aware of this pickup arrangement and said no-one had contacted him, nevertheless he still agreed to pick us up when we arrive (thank god).
- We we arrived, the pickup driver had no idea where to drop us off as he did not know anything about our itinerary. After many phone calls, he finally found out where we were staying and managed to drop us off at out accommodation. However he did not work for this company and it was still unclear why our booking agent had given us his details.
- the next day we found out one of our activities in Arusha wasn't booked and we had no idea until we arrived (after driving aimlessly for 2 hours).
- We requested for a refund for this cancelled activity as well as our accommodation for the night (as we wouldn't have booked accommodation for that night if it wasn't for the activity mentioned above).
- Staff agreed to refund the activity and suggested they would confirm with their management team and try to refund the accommodation, and promised to sort this out for us before our trip ends. We believe their words.
- After coming back from safari, we returned to Arusha for 1 extra day, We contacted the staff regarding our refund, they said they were still working on it.
- It's been a month since we are back from the trip, we have been contacting the company regarding this matter, and we have been ignored.
- It's been a really dodgy experience overall. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company.
Email Wayne | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Unforgetable mind blowing experience
The Serengeti has always been on my bucket list! We booked a full circuit Safari and it was amazing. The properties are perfectly located and the drive from one lodge to the other was like being on a game drive and quite enjoyable. We saw so many animals. The landscapes between the lodges are all so different, not what I expected at all. The Ngorongo Crater was one of the many highlights on this trip. The vehicles were very comfortable and our guide extremely knowledgeable of the animals and surroundings. The accommodation was perfect and excellent value for money. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Each lodge had a great restaurant and bar where fellow travelers shared safari experiences. The highlight of our trip was seeing the migration, we didn't even have to look, they were right there at Africa Safari Ikoma! We were so blessed to witness all these animals together in one spot!! I would definitely recommend Paradise and Wilderness to all my friends! Best holiday ever!!! Unforgettable experience!!!
Email Fabian | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: first safari
In a word it was amazing, the wild animals are great to see in their own habitat. We had a super driver with our own Jeep, so it was great for the three of us. Shabani (the driver) gave us the opportunity to make this trip unforgettable. The overnight stays in the lodge or glamping were SUPER, very friendly people, and delicious food... and of course we slept among the animals, in our case we even had a visit from a number of elephants who came to graze at night and pluck bushes...
A trip you will never forget.
(automatic translation from Dutch)
Email Keith Murray | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
We have recently returned from 5 days at Lake Manyara, staying on-site in a bungalow - This trip was booked pre-covid - It was fabulous, and well worth the wait
Whilst there we completed 2 game drives (Ngorongoro & Tarangire), and visited a Maasai Tribe - All were excellent, and escorted by Sam, our experienced and very knowledgeable guide
Having the animals (Zebra's / Wildebeest / Baboons etc) wandering freely around our accomadations was pretty exciting, too - Some would even approach the pool for a drink, whilst we were in it!
Everything from start to finish in terms of communication, timing, facilities, service and value for money was exceptional
If you're considering a Safari - Go with these guys - You will not be disappointed........
Email Debra New York NY | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Paradise and Wilderness provided an outstanding safari experience from beginning to end!
We just completed a 2 week safari in Tanzania that we booked through Paradise & Wilderness. Our booking agent Anouk was extremely helpful and answered all of our questions before and during the trip. The experience was excellent! We stayed at multiple lodges during our trip. We found them all to be clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. We were also able to easily book additional activities during the trip. Our jeep driver did an outstanding job taking us through the various parks and helping us to see and learn about the animals. The food was very good and the staff at all of the lodges did a great job of accommodating my special dietary needs. A special thank you to the Lake Manyara Lodge chef and his staff who really went out of their way to ensure that I was satisfied with all of my meals. Overall, I highly recommend Paradise & Wilderness and hope that I can one day go there again!
Email Alain et Michèle | 65+ years of age | Experience level: first safari
A very professional tour operator who was able to prepare a high quality safari for us.
A big thank you to Mirene for the quality of the program she offered us and to Adson, our driver/guide, who was able to guide us throughout this safari, introducing us to all the local fauna. A skillful driver, he knew how to avoid all the pitfalls of the tracks he took.
The accommodations were very clean and of good quality.
All the staff encountered were very warm and showed great kindness.
The food was in quantity and quality.
In the end, a very beautiful trip and an unforgettable memory.
(automatic translation from French)
Email Pauline | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
We visited Zanzibar for 4 days and made a journey across the mainland where we visited Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro, Lake Ndutu, South- Central- and North Serengeti, Pololeti, Lake Natron and Arusha. David “Google”, our tourguide, did a excellent job showing us the beauty of the wildlife in Tanzania. For 8 days he was not only our driver, but also our guide with all the answers to our many questions. His nickname “Google “ was well deserved. He explained so much about the ways of the animals and also about the nature and the vegetation. We were very lucky that we’ve spotted the big five multiple times and saw many lions and cheetah’s. David knows where the best pictures can be taken and we felt really secure with him as the driver. Besides his enjoyable gamedriving skills David is also a relaxed guy to join you on your travels. He constantly checks-in, notices your nonverbal signs and is very flexible when the plan changes. He communicates easily and speaks English very well. We finished the day in the jeep with a drink in the camp, make sure you ask him about his favorite drink, and shared some nice stories and good laughs. David absolutely made our trip, so be sure you’re the lucky few that can ride along in his jeep! He also knows the right people in the area of the camps if you are interested in an excursion. We can recommend Lebangootie as a guide for Lake Natron. He will show you the wonderful surroundings and tell you about the cultural life as well. Make sure to visited the waterfalls. Lebangootie is part of the community that lives near the river and made us feel very welcome during our visit. Definitely ask for him! Lake Ndutu was our favorite camp. As you are coming up to the Serengeti we had an escort of many, many giraffes on our travels. When we arrived at the camp, the bonfire was on and we were so very welcomed by Abdallah and his colleagues. It’s truly amazing that in the middle of nowhere you get that kind of comfort in a tented camp but also the very pleasant atmosphere coming from Abdallah and staff. Great guys! We slept like 2 baby cheetah’s with the sound of a roaring lion in the background. Magical place!
Also special thanks to Anouk Arts for being so helpful and flexible planning this trip. If you’re from the Netherlands and looking for a welk-organized dream tour, definitely contact Anouk.
So as it shows, our holiday was not only made by the many animals we got to experience in their natural habitat, but also by the wonderful people we’ve met. Honest, pure, super friendly, really trying to do their up most best to give an overwhelming experience.
Therefore asante sana David!! Love from your dada and kaka from the Netherlands.
Email Joao & Ingrid | 65+ years of age | Experience level: first safari
Email Lilian | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Excellent service, excellent staff, great adventure
It was the greatest experience of my live!
What kind people in all the lodges, and a special shout out to our guide/driver Abdalla, he is the best! We have seen all the big 5
All lodges clean, super nice staff and we felt very safe everywhere.
Would come back anytime
Email Roberta | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Everything was perfectly organized , from the airport pick up to the last day, not even a minor problem.
Great driver ( only car without a problem in 7 days) with a lot of expertise and knowledge if animals and nature, very clean and nice tented camp ( mid range) .
Special thanks to Monica Marani for the wonderful assistance!
- All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Paradise & Wilderness , not SafariBookings