Cookie Settings

By clicking ‘Accept’ you agree that we use Analytical cookies for gathering information about how our website is used, as well as Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) to personalize our advertising campaigns and to allow you to share on social media. About our use of cookies

Manage Cookie Settings

Please select which cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Below you can decide which type of cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Functional cookies

Functional cookies are essential to using our website and cannot be switched off. These cookies do not contain personal information and are not used for analytical or advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Analytical cookies (anonymous)

Analytical cookies gather anonymous information about how our website is used. The information collected does not contain personal information, cannot be traced back to you, and is not used for advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Advertising and social media cookies

Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) enable us to personalize our advertising campaigns, and enable you to share on social media. Show Hide description

Safari Reviews

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 1-10 of 1,017 Reviews
Anaïs M.   –
Switzerland CH
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 26, 2022

Horrible - fraud

This agency is a fraud. They took our money, and never showed up to get us at the hotel. They said they will reimburse us but we got no money back. I have all the proofs from the airlines companies and hotel where we were supposed to stay, that the bookings were never made. Don't get scammed and don't book with them. You can contact me for proofs.

Bea   –
Germany DE
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 23, 2022

Every day stress

The experience is fantastic, seeing animals every day is amazing. The problem is that we never knew what was going to happen that day or the next, the guide had no information. Every morning we would leave and we didn't even know in which hotel we would sleep. Everyone in the group had different itineraries with different hotels and different activities (many of which we didn't do). We made the reservation and payment with them more than six months ago. But then we found out that nothing was paid for. Neither the hotels, nor the entrance fees to the parks. We have had to pay our entrance fee to the Serengeti park and we don't know at this point if we will get our money back, the other people in the group don't even know if they will be able to travel tomorrow (it seems that the company capture Tanzania has not yet bought the tickets). The whole problem seems to be Dirk Engelhardt, who seems to have had an accident (of which we have three different versions) has not been able to send the money to Kelvin Nassary who does nothing but lie to us on the phone saying that we will get what we paid for and at the end of the day we are still staying in hotels that were not in the offer, of lower quality and every day we have done less hours of game driving. If you are thinking of doing a tour with them forget it, look for a serious company, because so far the only thing I can say is that this company is a scam.

Tandi   –
Australia AU
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 22, 2022

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Avoid at all costs

Like an increasing number of other customers, Julius was responsive until I paid a $1,000USD deposit to confirm two tour bookings. After that, I’d wait several weeks in between responses and even then, he’d only partly answer my questions. When I discovered two months after paying the deposit that he still hadn’t passed the funds on to the lodges to secure my booking and had ‘booked’ (which was a blatant lie) an air ticket for me in completely the wrong name, I cancelled the tours I’d booked with him. He acknowledged that I was entitled to a full refund of the deposit but three months on, I’m still waiting. When I occasionally hear from him, there is always an excuse - I was sick, I was on holiday, the office of was closed etc etc. It’s become quite clear that he has no intention of returning the money. If you value your money, good service and honesty, avoid JT Safaris at all costs!

JM   –
Guatemala GT
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 20, 2022

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Be careful: Mr. Richard Msafari stole my money. He is unprofessional and unethic. Book somewhere els

Long story short:
this company told me "full refund policy if cancelled up to 31 days in advance" and did not comply. I cancelled 120 days in advance, and did not get my money back. This person stole my money, and after more than 5 months of requesting it, I still haven't received it. If you want more details, you can message me and I will gladly share details and screenshots of everything.

Detailed story:
In march 2022 I paid Richard (the owner) 800$ to reserve my safari tour that included accommodation and safari drives in Serengeti for sept 2022.
Before paying him this amount, I specifically asked him: "what is your cancellation policy?" and he clearly replied: "I will fully refund all of your money except bank charges if you cancel 90 days - 31 days" (I have screenshots)

Sadly, plans and circumstances changed and on may 6th (120 days before the travel date) I wrote him to let him know that I would not go to Serengeti anymore, and I requested my money back.
Despite having told me clearly his "100% refund" cancellation policy, he made up excuses, and told me that he couldn't refund me my money.
He offered me a "credit" to spend in the future, he told me he spent the money and did not have it anymore, he told me if I had friends going to Serengeti to offer them the credit and having THEM pay me.. of course, I refused all of this and kept insisting on my full refund, as he promised in the beginning of our negotiation.

I spent months arguing with Mr. Richar Msafari (the owner) and fighting for my refund, but got no luck. This is a completely unethical and unprofessional behavior. He offered me a full refund just to get me on the hook. I booked with him because I had the confidence of the full refund policy.
The last months have been a nightmare, fighting for my money and receiving lie after lie. I have been told 4-5 times that "next week" I would have my refund, and of course, nothing happened. The reason: "Sorry, I am out for travel, and will come back in a few weeks". Just lies and lies. This has really been TERRIBLE.

After warning him of writing bad reviews, he agreed to pay 200$ monthly, starting july. He made the payment of july (200$). After that, he disappeared. No whatsapps or emails are being replied since early august.

This company does not deserve to have any more customers.

astrid Graf   –
Visited: August 2021 Reviewed: Sep 20, 2022

Crook, thief - Takes customers' money and does not deliver- Do not use this company.

Mike is a crook and thief. I trusted him and gave him a booking for 4 clients. The ran with the money and gave all sorts of excuses. After I sent the Tourism Police after him, he made all sorts of promises to refund my company. Used his children to make me feel sorry for him. I am still waiting for the payment.

Sv Ni   –
Russia RU
Visited: January 2022 Reviewed: Sep 16, 2022

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

TERRIBLE BUSINESS PEOPLE

We have a charter with them in February 2022 for our VIP clients, and our charter was to pick up the guest from the hotel on Zanzibar Island and drop them at the Zanzibar Airport. They cancelled our prepaid flight last minute. The client was so angry and had taken us to court for this.

When we demanded a refund, they said they will but to date, we still waiting for a full refund. We feel we are scammed but the owner Albert Gombanila and is a very difficult person to deal with and always gets away with excuses. We would say that they are irresponsible liars and frauds.

Stay away from them

Jan Sluyts   –
Belgium BE
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 14, 2022

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Very disappointing - we had to cancel due to medical urgencynand received NO help at all !

We booked on short notice but had to cancel due to medical emergency.the day after we transfered the money. So they had not had make any cost yet. They hid behind their general conditions to do nothing. Flights were booked by their organisation so they had to negotiate and rebook with airline - no initiative; no compensation. Disappointing and very costly’

Will   –
Austria AT
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 7, 2022

20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

TERRIBLE

NOT RECOMMENDED. Avoid booking tours with this company. We reserved a private safari with this company and agreed on an itinerary including two game drives (3 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours in the morning next day) for every national park in our tour. The day of our tour, the driver (not even the tour office) informed us that the game drives in the morning were not possible because the parks changed their re-entry policies. The change in policies is totally understandable, but the lack of transparency is not. We did not have the option to decide whether a tour with only 3 hours of game drive a day nor had we replacement activities in the mornings. The tour was very expensive and we spent most of the day driving to the parks. Furthermore, the driver was very rude, poor in English communication and very irresponsible on the road. The first day when we had only 3 hours in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy park, the driver took us to the park very late (3 PM) even if we were ready to leave at 1:30 PM. It rained that day so we were not able to see the chimpanzees, which was the main reason to visit that park. When we arrived to see the rhinos he did not even explain us where to go or what to do, so we also missed that. In general, very bad organization from this company.

Gaye jackson   –
South Africa ZA
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 5, 2022

50-65 years of age

Terrible terrible roads- ruins the experience

My first time visiting the park - The facilities are run down - the roads are disgusting- even the toughest 4x4 is gonna need attention after visiting etosha - I camped there and have to say its expensive - the wildlife is amazing but I definitely won't b back. Etosha is totally overated- other parks like kgalagadi or kruger national park have more to offer

Brunild Çala   –
Albania AL
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 5, 2022

About: Tanzania
Beautiful place but needs a lot of work .

Is the most bad experience of my life !.
So we start from Zanzibar to Safari by boat and on fort way was good . We arrived there meet our guide and everything was good in Safari . When we be back by boat the beach was really bad and we say to Capitain of boat to be back because we cannot go with this weather in Zanzibar . And he said it’s okay . And after Everyone was feel like