Cookie Settings

By clicking ‘Accept’ you agree that we use Analytical cookies for gathering information about how our website is used, as well as Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) to personalize our advertising campaigns and to allow you to share on social media. About our use of cookies

Manage Cookie Settings

Please select which cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Below you can decide which type of cookies you would like to keep switched on. Open a list of all cookies

Functional cookies

Functional cookies are essential to using our website and cannot be switched off. These cookies do not contain personal information and are not used for analytical or advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Analytical cookies (anonymous)

Analytical cookies gather anonymous information about how our website is used. The information collected does not contain personal information, cannot be traced back to you, and is not used for advertising purposes. Show Hide description

Advertising and social media cookies

Advertising and social media cookies (including cookies from trusted partners) enable us to personalize our advertising campaigns, and enable you to share on social media. Show Hide description

Safari Reviews

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 1-10 of 904 Reviews
Stefan   –
Luxembourg LU
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 27, 2022

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Unstructured, unorganized and not carefully listing to the clients demand.

Overall it has been a nice trip and our guide and driver made a good job so that we improved the rating from 2 to 3 stars. The reasons why we don't rate this 4 to 5 stars are the following:
- We booked the safari in a different order and after we completed the trip, I have to recommend everyone to start with Amboseli first, second Lake Naivasha (or even better Lake Nakuru) and finish with Masai Mara as the Masai Mara is mind blowing and the other 2 are "only" good. So finally it felt from starting at the top, in the middle it was kind of useless and the end it was a bit better than expected but again, nothing to compare with Masai Mara.
- Our main goal of the trip was to see the GNUs crossing at the Mara River, but we have there only been for 15 minutes because it was raining. So this was really bad organised.
- We had to pay another fee which taken from the Bank of the operator even though I could evidence that I have paid the full amount Inch the local fees of my Bank.
So overall, I can't recommend Mwema.

j.p.s.   –
Poland PL
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 25, 2022

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

there were three days of safari in the program, we got one :(

Unfortunately, there is a lack of safari. Out of the promised three days - this was the program - we had one. The first day, instead of the morning, we left Nairobi in the afternoon and arrived at camp in the dark in the late evening, the group we were joined with was late. The second was a great safari in Amboseli Park, very fun. The third is a crazy rush to the Tanzanian border from 6⁰⁰ Am, with virtually no stops and a return to the capital, I felt treated like a shipment, We were arranging something else. I hope not all groups have this discomfort. Still, I recommend it. Patrick driver, a very nice guy.

IK   –
Uganda UG
Visited: May 2020 Reviewed: Sep 21, 2022

Average

Fair services
but bad with time keeping both drivers and tour guide

Clare   –
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 16, 2022

Review about Aberdare National Park by Clare

We didn't see quite as much wildlife in the Aberdare but had a great time! Definitely need a car with high clearance - the roads are rough but do-able & make for a fun adventure with the right people.

Emanuel L   –
Germany DE
Visited: July 2022 Reviewed: Sep 15, 2022

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Great tour, but there is room for improvement.

Hi,
we had a wonderful hike on the Marangu Route / Kilimandscharo. The planning, communication and overall process before the trip has been great, tour price reasonable. Onsite everything has worked as planned, everybody reliable and on time and we felt in good hands. The guides have been very friendly, knowledable, adapated the tour to our speed & wishes and the food has been good. (as higher you get as less it does taste, haven't known this before) We didn't make it fully to the peak due to elevation level but still we had a wonderful once in a lifetime trip!
On the downside of things our support group has been eleven(!) people (to get the two of us on the top?) and it has not been explained to us why we need so many people. This got clearer when it was time for the (not really mandatory) tipping round as everybody expected to receive something. We stayed a little under the 'recommended rates' and still gave 500$. This unfortunately left a negative impression on the professionality of Tansania specialist.

There is no reason not to book with Tansania Specialist, still it might make sense to compare with others as well and have a special attention on these type of details.

Em   –
Visited: July 2022 Reviewed: Sep 13, 2022

35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Great staff, but beware a bargain

My day trip to Saadani via speedboat from Zanzibar was a wonderful day out, but not without its complications. Abdallah was helpful and communicative from the start, but I had to pay $17 in Tanzanian bank fees to pay a deposit to hold my spot (not the operators’ fault, I appreciate). When the day of the Safari had to change due to adverse weather, the communication and rebooking process was excellent, and they even drove me to a different part of the island afterwards at no extra cost.

My main complaint is that the boat that took us from island to mainland and back was barely seaworthy. I couldn’t believe it when I saw the small size of the vessel, and learned that we had to wade through knee-deep water to disembark (I had asked beforehand if I should wear a swimsuit and was told no so I got my clothes wet!). En route back, the motor actually stopped working and we had to travel back at a very slow pace as a result, taking almost 3 hours instead of 75 mins. It was worrying, to say the least.

The Safari itself was indeed fantastic, and our park guides were very helpful and friendly and spoke excellent English. All in all a great park to visit if like me you only have one day. We saw giraffe, Impala, elephants, many more animals. It was the ideal first Safari experience.

Alex   –
Netherlands NL
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Sep 12, 2022

Very good driver

Very good value for money. Saw the full big 5 in massai mara, with a very skilled driver. Camp side was very nice, with own bathroom.

S. Müller   –
Germany DE
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 11, 2022

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Review about Lake Manyara National Park by S. Müller

All flamingos are gone. Due to extension of the lake the scenery looks a bit spooky.

Junaid   –
Visited: August 2022 Reviewed: Sep 8, 2022

50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Be aware of last minute surprises and disappointment, as a disappointing start and a sad end.

The company maybe good, so long as they give you their dedicated tour guides.
We felt we were duped, in that the dedicated driver was changed the morning of the start of the tour, resulting in a late start. The replacement guide (who later confirmed he was freelance and not with the company) seemed like he was dragged out of bed and tired throughout the day. He was a nice guide, but we felt like things were rushed. There was no debrief at the star and or cautions during the drive. This was particularly important when a deep ravine was attempted to cross requiring a sharp decline. No warning was given, which sadly resulted in the wife falling from the roof vantage point and damaging her ribs and arm. The Serengeti was an awesome place, but sadly the promise of seeing the migration by the tour company was just a hype to get us to sign up with them as no attempt was made to try and view the migration, which sadly was told by a guide from a different company that the package/days would not allow for such a drive. The camps were ok but in need of maintenance, especially one where the hot water was not functioning, resulting in a bucket and electric kettle being provided. The last day was the biggest disappointment as it was Ngorongoro crater and home to the Rhino, which sadly, after repeated requests to try and find the Rhino, was never attempted and the day was wasted by killing time driving, stopping for 5 minutes, driving stopping etc. Then to our shock and horror, the trip was cut short by 40 minutes and we were rushed off to the airport without any further game drive.

Junaid Siddiqui   –