User Reviews – Serengeti NP

The Lion King now makes so much more sense. Beautiful scenery and we saw the great Migration.

The vast plains were a nice change to lake ndutu, saw many herds of elephants which was really cool

Such as vast area that one can not readily comprehend all that it encompasses

A huge park where you could see almost everything

Amazing - I want to go back!

Southern Serengeti was better for interesting wildlife sightings but not as scenic. Seronera area was good also but a lot more tourists

An emotion after the other

We have visited this park in June, at the end of the season of the rains. The animals began the migration and in an instant we have been surrounded by the perfumes and by marvelous panoramas. Endless lowlands and fascinating animals have accompanied us for the whole visit. An experience that we will bring with us for the whole life.

we had great expectations from this park, it goes actually far beyond, 3 days there weren't too much.
if you can take/afford more time there, do it.
sleeping in the park will save you a lot of time as the distances are long, the road doesn't allow you to drive fast, so make the right choice, or you might spend time "commuting"!

Dirty, bumping and breathtakingly beautiful.

I went to the Serengeti as part of a national park trip around Tanzania with my university in conjunction with Mweka. As we are all wildlife biologists in various forms, the knowledge I took from the trip was exponential. The abundance of wildlife we encountered was amazing. Within minutes of our arrival into the park, we were greeted with 3 lionesses' and around 13 cubs, around 2 meters from the roadside. An amazing first impression of the park, and one that it did live up to the entire time we were there (which was 3 days). The landscape and scenery were to die for, for sure. I have never seen a sunset so picture perfect and breathtaking elsewhere and doubt another moment will live up to this one. It was a view I will never forget.

Our accommodation consisted of camping out of a campsite, which was catered by our college staff from Mweka. Although we did not spend too long at camp on the mornings or nights due to our safaris running day long, they were of good standard and tidy. At night you can often hear the sounds of Hyena in the distance, which is somewhat scary but completely surreal and amazing if you think about it. You're completely in the wild, and its the way to do it for sure.

Our transportation supplied also by the college were large open top trucks, which provided us with a huge vantage point to be able to see easily across the savanna plains. They made the dirt roads easily manoeuvrable, but alas did not completely rid the journey of its bumps and of course, the dirt picked up from the road. However, if you're in a standard safari truck you should have no such issue.

Overall the Serengeti national park was a great end to my trip to Tanzania, and brought me memories I will never forget. As a biologist being able to see these animals in their natural environment is one of the greatest gifts I could have hoped for. The money tourism brings into the national parks helps to keep them protecting these amazing, beautiful animals, and I am glad I could participate in that.

Amazing adventure in Tanzania

As part of a Tanzanian safari, I spent 2 days/nights in Serengeti National Park. Our stay at Sopa Lodge Serengeti was terrific. The rooms are very large and comfortable. The staff is very accommodating.

The wildlife viewing in the park was excellent. We saw many lions, a leopard, cheetahs, zebras, wildebeests, antelopes, impala, warthogs and birds. If you have the opportunity, do take a hot air balloon ride. It was the highlight of my trip. Viewing thousands of zebras and wildebeests as well as hippos, warthogs, topi, impala from the air was a once in a lifetime experience and not to be missed.

• 4.9/5