User Reviews – Serengeti NP

The Serengeti is the place to be. Endless plains, endless wildlife. Bush vibe. Poor roads.

It's like you're literally in a national geographic show and can hear David Attenborough in your head!

A tremendous safari with film permits in the Serengeti with Ethan Kinsey Safaris

This was our second time in the Serengeti with Ethan Kinsey (ethan-kinsey.com) as our amazing guide. This time around we had film permits which allowed us off-road access to the wildlife. The wildlife was as expected with great opportunities in both the Northern Serengeti and in the Namiri Plains area. The two locations provided good variety of scenery and different environments for the wildlife. We mixed wilderness camps with the Namiri Plains Lodge and both types of camp were great - a blend of privacy with luxury. You can view some of my photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottseyephotos/ to see what you can expect - an unbelievable experience!!

Perfect time his year for wildlife

We were lucky to see the big migration who came from Masai Mara, already half way down the Serengeti park.
Lots of wildlife, mating birds, and the big 5.

A step back in time to the beauty and wonder of the Serengeti's wildlife in their savanna home.

My trip exceeded my expectations. A trip I will never forget. I saw all the animals at a distance and up-close. We were even lucky enough to see the elusive Black Rhino. My guides had encyclopedic knowledge spanning the wide array of wildlife, plants & natural habitat, as well as a passion to be good ambassadors for their country of Tanzania. Spectacular sunsets, delicious meals, while be hosted in a luxury tented campsite. My trip in September proved to be nice weather, mostly dry & warm with good evening doses of rainstorms. Jeeps are comfortable, and you soon forget about the bumpy dirt roads because your attention is with the scenery & animals. Every day was a good day!

Wonderful experience "Dancing with the animals"

There're plenty of wildlife and truly huge National Park. Our driver is also guide, who is very knowledgeable. The way it works is, they call each other once they discover something, e.g. lions about to hunt. My friend mentioned it should be paved road, well, I don't think so. The dirt road keep the harmony of the wild. There're plenty and different animals to look at. We visit Serengeti after Kilimanjaro climb. Couple things I like to advice other visitors. 1) sun protection (common sense) 2) we bring mask as October is dry season, very dusty 3) avoid blue/black color clothing as there're flies like to land on such color clothing, the bite will make you itchy. It's not migration season yet. But it is lion mating season as pregnancy is 11 months and new cub will be burned September next year which will give them 1-2 months dry season time to grow strong and healthy. We also stay in tent which is different experience in comparing with lodge, strongly recommend. The food is delicious and unlimited. I definitely will come back again during migration season.

The Serengeti national park is the place to go for a safari. We saw all the big five animals. The wildebeests crossing the Mara River was unforgettable. Everywhere you turned, there was life. It is truly a place like no other.

Wordless park.

Seeing a river crossing is an unforgettable experience.

Nice time - we spent 3/7 there and it was magical