​User Reviews – South Africa

Yamada Clan   –
Netherlands NL
Visited: October 2011 Reviewed: Dec 6, 2011

35-50 years of age

Safari in South Africa is overall nice but not as impressive and authentic as in Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique. But a very nice start for traveling to Africa. The sceniry is overwhelming and every half hour drive you will get the feeling of being in a different world as the hour before.

Cato75   –
Germany DE
Visited: September 2011 Reviewed: Nov 2, 2011

20-35 years of age

The most european part of Africa.

I am quite sure my rating would be much hire, if I had visited Southafricas Top-destinations in wildlife! ( Addo-Park, Krüger-Park) Unfortenately they were not on my route ( Cape to Namibia), but what i ´ve seen makes me wanna come back some day.
The Kgalagadi is quite nice with larger number of predators, but we had not much luck there. The stuff there was very nice and i love the red soil of the Kalahari. For me the most beautiful part of the soutafrican part of the trip was capetown and the wonderful table mountain scenery! It was much safer, than I thought before!
My wife enjoyed the Namaqualand with its flowerful deserts most! But to see this, you have to visit it during spring!
Most of the streets were easy to drive. In Kgalagadi it was a bit difficult! One amusing thing: Our 4x4 was equipped with winter tyres, which was not the best choice with temperatures up to 35 Celsius.
But we finished safe, and enjoyed our journey very much!

przejan   –
Ireland IE
Visited: December 2009 Reviewed: Oct 18, 2011

20-35 years of age

Animals which are close to the observers.