User Reviews – Swaziland

A really exotic experience in a country that deserves more recognition.

I was really pleased by my discover of the Swaziland. I love to walk across the Mlilwane wildlife sanctuary. It was a really implying day, during this visit i could see beautiful landscapes and admire wild animals living in half-liberty. It was so beautiful that i forgot the sense of the time.

We also visit some factories (candles, glassware,....) where you could buy nice creations. Original and satisfying for most of european travelers.

People in Swaziland are welcoming us very well and i recommend you to try to speak with them. They could learn you a lot about their country and their culture.

Amazing!

I was lucky enough to do safaris as three different places during my trip - one by bicycle and two in 4x4. My favourite was the Mkhaya Game Reserve. We did both sunset and sunrise safari drives and the wildlife, scenery and overall experience were incredible. The staff at the lodge are incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, welcoming and go our of their way to make your visit special. Mkhaya has a much more relaxed feel than some of the other reserves that we traveled to - everything is quite laid back, the 4x4 are a bit older and more battered and it doesn't feel quite as corporate as the other reserves - this is all a good thing in my view! It feels as though the staff genuinely want to give you the best possible time, not just make money from your visit.

The accommodation and the food were incredible - open-sided, thatch roofed lodges and eating outside under the stars - perfect. We were incredibly lucky with the wildlife spotting and saw both black and white rhino, hippo, giraffe, warthog, zebra etc etc. We saw a lot of rhino are were able to get pretty close to them, which was amazing!

A trip to authenticity

The trip to Swaziland has been a very nice discovery.
People are really nice and not polluted by European way of living. Landscapes are beautiful!
Accommodations are good (compliant to European standard !!). This is really a place I’d like to go again!

Fantastic experience at MKHAYA gamereserve!

Easy way to get from RSA to Swaziland, can be crowded at the boarder, what results in long queues.
Infrastructure is very good, especially the main roads, enough stores and petrol stations. The people are very kind!
We stayed in stonecamp at MKHAYA gamereserve. Sleeping in the bush without ectricity and windows is a great experience and I would do it again. All of the meals were fabulous.
We saw Rhinos, Impalas and others, crocodiles, hippos, girafe, wonderful birds, zebras, warthogs, monkeys, bushbabies...
There are no lions or elephants, though.
In Swaziland are several National Parks, we'llcertainly visit them an another time.

The people are friendly - there are two major wildlife areas - Mlilwane Wildlife Reserve and the Hlane Royal National Park - that are both worth visiting. There are a range of good accommodation options available.

• 4.6/5