User Reviews – Timbavati NR

Breath taking

A great opportunity to get close to some incredible animals. There is loads to see here, and some great off road tracks to see it on. The staff were really welcoming and knowledgable about the animals and area. Definitely worth a visit.

We got to see the "Big Five" on our first drive, in less than 2 hours! It doesn't get much better than this...

amazing!!!!!!!!!!

we stayed in the tented lodge- the experience was beyond anything we could have dreamed of. The animals were terrific the guide and tracker JV and Glen were simply marvelous. We loved every second.

National Geographic right in front of my eyes!

If only words can describe what my eyes see and if only words can justify the magical feeling I experienced when I was at Timbavati Nature Reserve amongst the animals and nature. We got to a fantastic start as we saw two cheetahs sitting under a tree. According to our ranger (Amos) and watcher (Andrew) they've not seen any cheetah since more than 6 months ago. From then on the animals showed us who's in the house - lions, lioness, white lioness, leopard, rhinos, elephants, buffalos, hippos, hyenas, giraffes, zebras, impalas and kudus just to name a few. We saw them all! We even had the rare opportunity of seeing lions mating.
I've not been to other parks but I have to say that Timbavati exceeds my expectations. I hope that they continue to preserve the Park and make sure that the animals are protected from poachers. I can't imagine a future without these magnificent and beautiful animals.

Great accomodation, good sightings. A little bit more "bush" than the Sabi Sands.

Down-to-earth but comfortable bush experience! Amazing Wildlife!

We had an amazing time in Timbavati. It was our first introduction to the South African bush, and it was
truly amazing. We stayed at Shindzela Tented Camp. The small size of the camp makes for an intimate experience, and you have a chance to meet and make friends with the guides, as well as other guests from around the world. The tents are extremely comfortable, providing everything you need. Our guide, Eugene, and tracker, Guyane (spelling?) were outstanding. They were a great team, and their knowledge and skill resulted in some extremely close encounters with wildlife.

The game viewing at Timbavati was outstanding. During our transfer drive into the reserve, we saw a herd of elephants, including babies! During game drives, we saw lions on a recent kill, got very close to elephants, hyenas, giraffe, you name it. Being able to continue the game drives after dark is also amazing, hearing a lion roar after dark, spotting honey badgers and a jackal were all highlights once the sun set.

The overall experience and atmosphere at Timbavati was exactly what we were looking for, and better. If
you are looking for a rustic, yet comfortable, true bush experience, this is your place. We are already
talking about going back in the future, and staying more than 2 nights!!

A wonderful safari adventure was experienced and many cherished memories were made.

The Timbavati Nature Reserve safari was truly a magnificent adventure enjoyed very much by my daughter and myself. From the moment of our arrival at the airport, we were greeted and taken very good care by all whom we met. The Ngala Safari Lodge, which is part of &Beyond resorts, was most impressive! The individual thatched cottages were quite charming and we were beyond satisfied with every meal. With our remarkable ranger and tracker, we did see all the big five animals and so much more. Having the open jeep made the animal viewing much easier for all of us to see the animals. The highlight of the game rides was the breakfast in the bush! The staff managed to surprise us as we were out on a morning game ride when suddenly we came across a gorgeously laid out breakfast with table and chairs for all of us. Having been on several safari, I would definitely recommend the Timbavati Natual Reserve for a safari.

Tanda Tula Private Game Reserve a unique and simply wonderful life experience

My family and I all enjoyed a holiday of a life time during our 5 day stay at Tanda Tula game reserve within Timbavati Nature reserve. The tented accommodation exceeded expectations, with wonderful views of the wildlife from our own veranda. A real family atmosphere amongst the Tanda Tula team is evident, the food simply amazing, the local music and dancing truly captures the essence of the mood of wild Africa. The attention to detail and customer service from the team within the camp is simply world class. The guides (Foremen and Given in our case) are wonderful people, friendly, extremely knowledgable and are willing to tailor the drives to your individual requests. We completed a total of 12 drives during our time along with a number of short safari walks. I am sure some luck was on our side as we were privileged to witness a number of rare sightings, such as honey badgers, african wild cat and a leopard stalk which ended in a successful kill. Weather was fantastic during our time not too hot during the day and comfortable during the evening. Overall an amazing experience!

Timibavati is an amazing place!

I have been to the Timbivati on two occasions as well as Sabi Sands. They are both spectacular. I stayed at Motswari in Timbivati and really was amazed at how close you get the animals. No review can really explain what it is like to be so close to these majestic creatures. Rare white lions (3 or less in the entire world which are wild), Elephants, Leopards, Rhino, Giraffe, Cape Buffalo the list goes on and on! The only way you can really experience this amazing place is by going there. It is something you will never forget!