User Reviews – Timbavati NR

This area is a little dry so the landscape is more sparse than Sabi Sand. Loved our accommodations at Kings Camp, amazing service, trackers and guides. Saw all the big 5.

We saw a lot of animals at Timbavati - all of the Big Five. Our guide and tracker worked well together to get us the best viewing opportunities.

Small private

We stayed at Simbavati River Lodge (part of Timbavati) and were blown away by the luxury of our rooms, the amazing service (they catered to our every need), the food (we are vegan, and they totally accommodated!) and the knowledge of our guide (Mbongene) and tracker - who took risks for himself by tracking on foot a pride of lions, just so we could see them up close. I highly recommend Simbavati to anyone, and would love to return with our son for more safari!

Breath taking

A great opportunity to get close to some incredible animals. There is loads to see here, and some great off road tracks to see it on. The staff were really welcoming and knowledgable about the animals and area. Definitely worth a visit.

We got to see the "Big Five" on our first drive, in less than 2 hours! It doesn't get much better than this...

amazing!!!!!!!!!!

we stayed in the tented lodge- the experience was beyond anything we could have dreamed of. The animals were terrific the guide and tracker JV and Glen were simply marvelous. We loved every second.

National Geographic right in front of my eyes!

If only words can describe what my eyes see and if only words can justify the magical feeling I experienced when I was at Timbavati Nature Reserve amongst the animals and nature. We got to a fantastic start as we saw two cheetahs sitting under a tree. According to our ranger (Amos) and watcher (Andrew) they've not seen any cheetah since more than 6 months ago. From then on the animals showed us who's in the house - lions, lioness, white lioness, leopard, rhinos, elephants, buffalos, hippos, hyenas, giraffes, zebras, impalas and kudus just to name a few. We saw them all! We even had the rare opportunity of seeing lions mating.
I've not been to other parks but I have to say that Timbavati exceeds my expectations. I hope that they continue to preserve the Park and make sure that the animals are protected from poachers. I can't imagine a future without these magnificent and beautiful animals.

Great accomodation, good sightings. A little bit more "bush" than the Sabi Sands.

• 4.7/5