Timbavati Nature Reserve- Overview Timbavati Safaris
About Timbavati Nature Reserve
Timbavati is a private nature reserve with open borders to the famous Kruger National Park. It is part of the Greater Kruger ecosystem, which offers an authentic wildlife experience. All of the Big Five animals are easily spotted including the elusive leopard. The park is famed for its rare white lions.
- Good wildlife viewing with all of the Big Five present
- Day and night drives and walking safaris available
- Off-road driving in open vehicles
- Part of a very large ecosystem
- Several lodges and self-catering camps to choose from
- Less busy than Sabi Sands
- Relatively far from Johannesburg compared to other private reserves in Greater Kruger
- Emphasis on ticking off the Big Five species
Game viewing tends to be very good – Timbavati boasts the Big Five and all other large safari animals including elephant, buffalo, kudu, zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, impala, waterbuck and their predators: lion, leopard, cheetah and hyena. Big cats are easy to spot, but rhino is more hit and miss. African wild dogs are regular visitors to the property. The white lions are very rare, but some lighter colored lions carrying the gene might be spotted.
More about Timbavati's wildlife
The main habitats in the parks are grassy plains and mixed woodland. In the rainy season the vegetation tends to be quite thick but this doesn't interfere much with the wildlife viewing because of the off-road driving permits.Want to visit Timbavati?
Safari Reviews- Timbavati
A great opportunity to get close to some incredible animals. There is loads to see here, and some great off road tracks to see it on. The staff were really welcoming and knowledgable about the animals and area. Definitely worth a visit.
All 17 user reviews