Famous for containing some of the last remaining wild chimpanzees in Africa, the Mahale Mountains National Park was gazetted in 1985, covers an area of 1 613 km² and is located about 128 km south of Kigoma town on the eastern shore of Lake Tanganyika. The western boundary of the park protects an adjacent 1.6 km wide strip of Lake Tanganyika’s waters. The land in and around Mahale is the traditional homeland of the Watongwe and Waholoholo tribes.
Things to Consider
Small group tour
Can depart any day
Cannot be customized
Min age of
- Single travelers can join this group tour, but it requires a minimum of 2 people to run.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour cannot be arranged by this operator
1-2Mango Bandas Mid-range banda inside Mahale Mountains NPDay 1: Lunch & Dinner Included
Day 2: All Meals Included
3Mango Bandas Budget banda inside Mahale Mountains NPMeals at Own Expense
4Coast View Resort Mid-range hotel in or near KigomaAll Meals Included
5End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Gombe Track Safaris & Tours, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- This group tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.