This self-drive holiday starts in Durban where you’ll collect your vehicle before heading to KwaZulu Natal’s North Coast. From here you’ll drive to the majestic Drakensberg Mountain Range where you can hike through some of South Africa’s most breathtaking scenery. Your focus then shifts to the region’s past as you visit the historic Battlefields and learn about the clashes that took place here. Your trip ends with a safari in the Nambiti Game Reserve.
This mid-range tour uses lodges.
Drive a vehicle yourself and travel without a tour guide. Rental vehicle is included.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request changes to this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 12 years
The minimum age for this tour is 12 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1-2Teremok Boutique Lodge & Spa Mid-range lodge in or near UmhlangaBreakfast Included
3-4Montusi Mountain Lodge Luxury lodge in or near Royal Natal (Drakensberg)Day 3: Breakfast Included
Day 4: Breakfast & Dinner Included
5Spionkop Lodge Mid-range lodgeAll Meals Included
6Spionkop Lodge Mid-range lodge just outside Spioenkop GRAll Meals Included
7-9Nambiti Hills Mid-range lodge inside Nambiti GRAll Meals Included
10End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Wayfairer Travel, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Wayfairer Travel.