Best Time to Visit – Tsau //Khaeb (Sperrgebiet)
By Anthony Ham
Anthony is a renowned Africa expert and author of many Lonely Planet guidebooks, including the 'Botswana & Namibia' guide.
Anthony is a renowned Africa expert and author of the 'Botswana & Namibia' Lonely Planet guide.
Anthony is the author of the 'Botswana & Namibia' Lonely Planet guide.
Tsau //Khaeb (formerly Sperrgebiet NP) can be visited throughout the year, but in general the best time to go is in the cooler months from May to October.
May to October –Dry Season – Winter
- Cooler around midday (except for October)
- It is cold in the early morning
- Lüderitz, the base for exploring the park, can get busy in high season
November to April –Wet Season – Summer
- Bird watching is a big attraction, especially when migrants are present
- Low-season rates might apply to hotels in Lüderitz from December to June
- It can be very hot
- If visiting both Tsau //Khaeb NP and Etosha NP; wildlife viewing in Etosha isn't that productive
Best Time to Go to Namibia by Major Park