User Reviews – Uganda

A very successful 16 days wildlife super safari for one person

The result of wildlife rating should be very much better if I would have taken part on gorilla or chimpanzee tracking. Without the mentioned
animals you can`` t compare the wildlife with countries as in Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia or South Africa. But also with a smaller animal kingdom you can have wonderful experiences. So I had the possibility to watch in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary my smallest rhino
I have ever seen before in Africa, in one of the lakes or channels my smallest hippo, without the mother you could carry the cup away with
both hands, a fish eagle with a too tall fish just in front of our car, not more than three metres away, twice the fish fell down in front of our car
when the eagle started to safe the fish and in Rwakobo camp I had the luck to watch a two months old waterbuck, found from the manager of
the camp in a age of 1,5 weeks without a mother. Two times a day the little buck came to the manager of the camp and was asking for bottles
of milk. Because you could touch the cup and give to the animal some milk, it was one of the main attractions.
The safari was organized with one of the best, perhaps even the best travel agency in Uganda. For nearly a year, the manager Jackie was
planning with me together my tour of Uganda. Jackie was a amazing and patient, with unusual prompt replies to my emails and with her help
I booked the best safari to suit my needs. With one of the best cars, a 4x4 wheel driven Toyota Landcruiser, we - the driver and safari guide
Martin - started our safari, when he picked me up at the airport around midnight. For road conditions, which I haven` t seen before during
nearly fifty years in Africa the car and the driver was the best what could had happened to me. Very often without any signs Martin found
without any difficulties his way and brought us without any breakdowns back to Kampala and Entebbe. Under no circumstances I felt unwell
or there was a fear of not enough security. Wether for lunch or dinner I had to eat meat, with his help I could always pick up a piece of fried
fish with chips.
The accommodations, with Jackie I had agreed with "moderate", were always very clean and comfortable, but only the accommodations in
Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Rwakobo camp where a little bit more simple and older.
The mountains and lakes of the southwestern part of Uganda are postcard perfect. Katona Tours and Travel is a very experienced Tour Opera-
tortor and travel expert for East Africa. I would definitely use Katona Tours again.

Amazing in the dry season..... stark beauty amazing wildlife

Uganda is literally the best kept secret in Africa, all the parks you travel to give you an extra-ordinary personal experience and you have some amazing close encounters. The raw power of Murchison Falls is something to behold, a drive on the delta and you will see massive herds of Giraffe, Elephant and Buffalo and of course Lions. We were also fortunate to see a Leopard up close and personal...... AMAZING.

Once you head down south, you see the remarkable change in environment that exists, from the game viewing and climbing lions of Ishasha, to natural beauty of the Bwindi and the mountain gorillas, the diversity is simply extra-ordinary. Without doubt the absolute best part of any safri trip to Uganda, is the small numbers of tourist, you feel like you really are having an individual experience with nature, very rarely shared with other tourists.

Next up is Kidepo in October....... True wilderness.

This was a Trip of a Lifetime, especially if you love animals!

Wildlife Safari, Uganda / August 23 – August 31, 2018
On August 21 my husband and I left Colorado for a Ten Day Wildlife Trek/Safari in Uganda, Eastern Africa. After three flights and long layovers we finally arrived in Entebbe, the trek starting point, where the trip began on August 24th.
We packed so many visual memories and exciting experiences into these ten days it is impossible to describe it all. I wish I was an energetic writer. Any visitor to this beautiful country could spend months just writing about the Ugandan lifestyle, the people, or the incredible landscapes. Uganda is a land of many contrasts with vast sparkling lakes, and miles and miles of misty mountain ranges covered in tangled jungles and neatly hand-cultivated terraced gardens. We spent two of our days trekking in the grassy plains and another day in the arid savanna. We crossed the Nile River on a six vehicle ferry and marveled at the power of Murchison Falls from a boat on the river. ***This is the same area where the movie “African Queen” was filmed.
We were there to see animals in their natural environment, but we saw so much more. Uganda is a beautiful, unspoiled country where most of its eight million people live a very simple life. My husband and I each had cameras, and between the two of us we managed to click away about 1500 photos, many of which we have deleted. Each day became our new favorite day as something new and exciting happened and we will forever remember our guide saying, “Get your cameras ready! This trek was full of favorites! It was truly "A Trip of a Lifetime"! Thank You Uganda!

Awesome, Exciting, Beautiful

My trip was amazing. Everything was perfect. The tours, the people, the food, weather , lodging . Chris helped coordinate my tours and adventures and he didnt stop until it was perfect. Josh was my tour guide and was the best ever. He is very knowledgeable and knew his way around very well. Spoke excellent English. Both Chris and Josh made my trip an amazing experience. I am already planning my return to Uganda.

Amazing and beyond expectations!

This is our 3rd safari in Africa.

After our 2nd safari to Kenya/Tanzania last Aug booked via a Singapore local tour agency, I decided to book directly with a tour agent in Africa to save some money. I am glad that I have found safaribookings.com and very pleased to engage Gorilla Link Tours/Caroline Amutuhaire to plan our dream holiday in Uganda. We, a family of 5 adults, had a wonderful, amazing and beyond expectations holiday.

I am thankful that Caroline, our driver guide Arshley, and her other staff from Gorilla Link Tours were at the airport to receive us on the very 1st day of our trip. She and her team are super friendly, hospitable and make us feel at home upon landing in a foreign land.

The game drives were alright, not many wild animals to see, unlike Kenya and Tanzania. However, the Chimpanzees and Gorillas trekking were amazing and is really once-a lifetime experience that should not be missed. The trekking was tiring but we managed to catch up with the families within the 1st 2 hours of our hikes. The park rangers, porters and chimpanzees/gorillas seekers are very professional, friendly and encouraging - keep saying nice and comforting words to us so that we could press on with the journey to have precious 1 hour with the primates. The weather in the day was nice, sunny and comfortable. Nights were cooling/cold because most of our accommodations were around the lakes, fall, mountains and volcanoes.

Although there were hiccups throughout the trip (traffic offence for speeding on 3rd day, glitches like broken taps/sinks, power failure, leaking roof, etc in our accommodations), we were still happy and enjoyed the many beautiful places Uganda has to offer. In my opinion, everyone should go to Uganda, the people are friendly and amazing, food is very good too, and most importantly it is not dangerous.

Thank you Gorilla Link Tours for the good service and friendship.
We will definitely come back to Africa and to Gorilla Link to plan our next adventure.

Fantastic scenery, lots of wildlife, and warm and welcoming people

There was lots of wildlife, much more abundant than we'd expected albeit with no lions or leopards; a small disappointment but not particularly significant in the overall scheme of things. The scenery was outstanding both on the safari itself and travelling to and from Kampala to Murchison Falls National Park. Our guide was knowledgeable, a careful driver, and flexible when we needed to adjust our itinerary. We had good conversations with him about our different experiences. The accommodation was a good standard in a beautiful setting and the food was fine and able to meet the requirements of vegans and vegetarians. The hike from the river to the top of Murchison Falls was memorable and one of many highlights of our 3-day safari.

An adventurous moment i can't stop relishing over.

My reserved likeness for wildlife and beautiful green vegetation took me no further than the safari and it was truly a memorable moment. My adventurous moment in Uganda was fun filled and less stressful all thank to safaribookings which help me to book my flight, provide a comfortable and serene accommodation at an affordable cost and also gave me a companion to cheer with in the safari. I'm truly elated at your professional service and truly look forward to doing more with you because you've earned my number one spot.

Beautiful country, kind people, amazing animal encountering

Meeting gorillas after 4 hour tracking as been a rewarding experience, once in a life experience!

Wildlife, culture, scenery, simple way of living: Uganda in a nutshell

Uganda is still one of the countries people are unsure about traveling to, due to a once turbulent past. Not any more, it is safe, it is enjoyable, the people are friendly and welcoming, the land is vast with savannas, jungles, and mist covered mountains. On many trips what you see is not like the image you have projected into your minds eye, not so with Uganda, it is everything you hope for and much more.
From hearing the chimpanzees calling to each other high in the tree tops, to sitting next to a mountain gorilla while it feeds, to witnessing a herd of elephants pass before you on the road, Uganda is an amazing and spectacular experience.

Awesome

We had a fantastic Safari with Saso company and our driver Ronnie. Murchinson Falls is really beautiful. the safari was also well organized. We were picked in our hotel in Kampala on time, and went straight up to the falls. Also the game drives were superb. Unfortunatly we had to cancel our boat trip, due to weather conditions. Saso Tours? Ever and ever again!

• 4.6/5