User Reviews – Uganda

Lifetime experience at gorrilas

I went to Uganda for gorrilas and I got much more. The beauty of Bwindi forest is breth taking. I loved there everything. I spent two nights in a lodge Bakinga. Unforgetable chats in front of open fire place, we had so much fun. A small group of strangers, met for a first time in life and spent wonderfull time together laughing.
We even saw active volcano from Bakiga terrace on Kong site.
I liked chimpanze trekking as well. Very well organized. Although it is supposed low seazon in December, it was a lot people there.
My guide and driver Gerard from Lifetime safari one of best guids in my life. I am experienced traveller, Uganda was my country no. 53. Gerard is very intelligent, nice a sensitive person. We talked a lot many things. I was very confident sitting in the car next to him. One day was full day rain, we were driving Ishasha. The road because of rain became very very bad but Gerard managed it. He planned our time well with a big experience and confience. Thanks a lot Gerard and Lifetime safari company!
Female solo traveller with a good guide can manage Uganda. My advice- Take profesionals local company and you will safe your time, money. I met guys who broke the car because of terible bumpy roads driving like at home in UK, others who spent all night driving themselves to gorillas park gate, because of not having experience on planing time in Uganda. Then the most incredible experience to see gorrilas becames blurry of tiredness and disapontment.

It was the best safari ever

Africa has the best wildlife especially Uganda, i visited Murchison falls and would strongly remmend it
Entebbe Zoo is also another good place to vist as there also very nice resort hotel beaches if you want to spend a nite
The weather in the tropics is fantastic .Accomodation-we stayed serena hotel which is just in the middel of the capital kampala
40 miles away from international Airport.serena provided us the best 5 star service one could dream of.
food(most hospital provide english breakfast served with fruits so you can't go wrong
Transport is cheap and there is Uber realiable
I recommend any one to visit safaribooking.com Hails Tours Uganda

great program, not the best guide ever

The service provided a great plan. Kidepo valley in November is great for the nature and wildlife. Sipi was nice too. They tailored the program following my need. Locations and activities were great. The management of the holiday was not the best: they booked one month before doing a mistake (if it would have been 1 month later, it would have been a great problem), and they did not help with a problem of delayed luggage. The guide was not the best, not knowing well where to go, what to see and where to stop. He was just a driver with scarce ability and not funny at all.
The company has a great plan, and uganda is beautiful, but the staff is not at same level.

An incredible once in a lifetime experience.

The wildlife was incredible, to see animals in their natural habitat was a privilege and a once in a lifetime experience. The scenery was beautiful land the weather just the right temperature. The accommodation was good and the staff were always so helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and they were so polite. Our guide, Josh, was brilliant. Such a lovely man, he went out of his way to make our safari a success. He always made sure we had enough water, and even went to another park to ensure we could see zebras, after we didn't see any in Queen Elizabeth Park.
I couldn't recommend the safari and holidaying Uganda any higher. The people are so friendly and calm, and made us feel so welcome.

The safari was just fantastic.

We went on a safari with Lifetime Experience and they organized for me a great safari, including the visit of the gorilla's which was a unique experience. Only sitting in the car and watch the scenery was a pleasure. We came in the 'rainy' season but the rain never really bothered us. Accomodations were clean, the staff was very friendly and the food excellent. Our guide was an excellent driver, was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. It was one of the best holidays we had. Beautiful country, wonderful people.

Loved it!

We loved our Uganda adventure! Murchison Falls was stunning.

Exceeded all hopes, which were high

I hadn’t realised the distances involved and the quality of the roads, so my chosen itinerary was challenging but am so exceptionally grateful to Yala Safaris for taking it on and their guide, Robert, who went to exceptional lengths to ensure we squeezed every opportunity from my limited time. So clearly proud of his country and exceptionally knowledgeable, I was in great hands. Game safari with elephants, giraffes, a pride of lions, warthog, antelope and in the presence of a Leopard was just the first morning. Afternoon on the Nile with hippos, crocodiles, numerous birds, finished by the fastest waterfall in the world at Murchison finishing Day 1. Day 2 walked near Rhino and her baby on the journey back to Kampala. Day 3, rafted a grade 5 on the Nile at Jinja. Day 4 journeyed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park forest with lots of sights along the way arriving at Gorilla in the Mist Camp at dusk. Day 5, trecked the forest with local guides and trackers and had the privilege of spending an hour with Mountain Gorillas. Spotted monkeys on journey away and following morning allowed a quick peek at Mburu to see Empala and Zebras before arriving mid day at airport for flight home. I missed a few dinners and even more breakfasts to achieve this but there was never a word of complaint, Robert and Yala truly gave me an experience of a lifetime.

Stunning Kidepo

It is about 10-11 hours from kampala, but it is totally worth it. The drive into Kidepo is absolutely stunning, incredible scenery all around.

The park is certainly the hidden gem of East Africa, with very few tourist it offers a unique and remote vibe. Wildlife numbers and diversity continue to recover, and whilst it hasn't got the same density of wildlife as some other parks, you will see plenty and usually when you do, you are on your own.

Sunrises and sunsets are epic, with the backdrop of the mountains surrounding the valley. An hour or so drive up to the south Sudan border and you will be sure to see some ostriches, the only ones in Uganda.

It really is a stunning place, that should be on everyone's wish list!

Great Safari Experience with close encounters of wild life

We had a great 3 days trip with Wamba Safaris, filled with impressions and experiences. The guides were experienced and knowledgeable. The Pakuba lodge had the right level of comfort after the days travel and tracking and the wild life seemed to overflow. Herds of giraffes, elefants, buffalos and other deer were seen all the time, a river cruise in the Nile seeing the large Mutchison waterfall crocodiles, hippos and elefants was another highlight. Additional we enjoyed a visit at the Rhino Sanctuary, which was absolutely amazing because of the close contact to these beautiful animals. Thanks to all for this great experience for us!

Experience of a lifetime

We had a great time in Uganda as we saw a lot of wildlife and the gorilla trekking was absolutely amazing. The safari lodges by the national parks were fabulous. We didn't enjoy lake Bunyoni very much and the accommodation there was not great but our guide managed to change our itinerary so we only had to stay there one night and not two. If you're thinking of doing this trip be prepared for quite a lot of driving. Most of the roads do not have tarmac and are in bad shape so even a short distance can take some time. You do get to see a lot of Uganda's day to day life when driving through towns and villages which I found fascinating. Overall we had a brilliant time.

• 4.7/5