User Reviews – Uganda

A Dream fulfilled

I chose a small safari company, employing mostly women as guide /drivers and went on my own. Traveling this way I was able to meet and have many one on one conversations with the different guides and other Ugandans. It was a wonderful experience. Yes , I saw and loved seeing the animals, but my greatest joy was meeting the people, finding about the rich cultural diversity in the country, interacting with the children and villagers, and getting to know my guide.

The rainy season had come a little early so there were lots of adventuresome road driving due to washouts etc. but my guide/ driver was awesome. Nothing seemed to phase her. The accommodations, although basic due to where we traveled, were always clean and serviceable. Staff at the various places were always helpful, polite and friendly.

Many of my friends say that I was brave for traveling to Uganda and Kenya on my own but due to the professional experienced treatment I received from my safari company and the genuine kindness of the Ugandan people, I can honestly say that I never felt threatened or unsafe. If someone is looking really experience an African country , not just view it, Uganda is the place to go!

Highly recommend Uganda!

I spent 10 days in Uganda on a safari with Destination Jungle. It was epic! We saw so many animals and birds and the country itself is gorgeous. We visited Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Lake Mburo. The accommodations were excellent, the food (especially the soups) was delicious and I loved how few other tourists were around. Our guide, Charles, was first class. He knew the names of all the animals and the birds and he has a great eye for spotting wildlife. We saw 8 lions including four sleeping in a fig tree, three male lions hunting and a lioness who crossed in front of our Land Cruiser! We also saw a leopard (albeit some distance away), hyenas, warthogs, several different species of primates, including chimpanzees and gorillas and many many birds. The chimps and gorillas were absolutely incredible. We had an hour with each of them and it was wonderful to have so much time to watch them. One caveat- the roads are pretty terrible in parts of the country but they're doing constructions to fix them. We went at the beginning of the rainy season and really didn't have any major issues. We had one day of rain but it didn't hamper our plans. Most days we just had 30 minutes or so of downpour and then it cleared up. What an experience! I highly recommend Uganda and Destination Jungle!

Beautiful sceneries

Our first trip turned out to be a wonderful experience thanks to the very good organisation through Baba Safaris Uganda. We saw them all, Shoebill, lions, leopards, buffalos, mountain gorillas, chimps. Our driver was, beside being a very skilful and experienced driver, a walking dictionary when it came to questions about fauna and flora, about history, politics and culture regarding this wonderful country. He knew it all. A good choice of lodges and a very professional planning and organisation makes us looking forward to going back for another trip through Baba Safaris Uganda for another exciting trip. Still lots to discover !

Had a wonderful time, had a great guide and enjoyed the sights.

Meet at the airport by my guide Apolo. Was very well taken care of. The lodging was adequate and the food. Was very good. Everyone at resort was very accommodating. Got to see lots of wildlife but missed seeing any lions. Taken back to airport and then on to Kampala after safari. I was only one on safari and could not have felt any safer.

Uganda is definitely worthwhile to visit.

"E-Trip Africa" was fabulous. Ben, the owner, was great to work with. He was so helpful in suggesting variations from the suggested plan. Milton, our driver/guide was excellent. We have traveled many times and at first were a little nervous going with a company that the only information we had to go on was that we had gathered from the I/N. Everything went so smoothly. Milton was so efficient, knowledgeable, and took such good care of us. The scenery was great, both the Chimpanzee and Gorilla treks were outstanding and all the accommodations were very good. Great choices and well researched by the company. We had plenty of good food and a never ending supply of bottled water. We were very sad to leave Milton after 7 days as during that time we felt we had made such a great new friend. Ben, the owner, even made a special trip to visit us at our hotel in Arusha, Tanzania after our tour with his company. We would highly recommend E-Trip Africa for any East Africa Travels.

Murchision national park

Very good to see giraffe and elephants.but has a small population of loin. Still uganda needs to improve service sectors. People attitude about giving service to customers are lagging. They think only about to grab money.

Uganda is a fascinating country to visit.

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our week in Uganda. It was a week of public political debate and we saw several soldiers in Kampala but never felt in any danger. After attending the launch of my sister's book about an outstanding Ugandan killed in 1984 we went on the Red Chilli 3-day tour to Murchison Falls National Park. It was a great adventure. Though it involved a 5-6 hour drive each way in our minibus the main highways were mostly in very good condition; our journey only became bumpy when we left the highway and had to take rough roads. The weather was generally fine and, as soon as we entered the park, we began to see baboons and interesting birds. At Red Chilli Hideaway camp site we stayed in mosquito proof tents. The first night we slept through the chomping sound of hippos eating grass outside, but some of our companions filled us in on this next morning!! The meals we ate in the camp dining quarters were particularly good. We greatly enjoyed our walk around the Falls which are quite dramatic. In our drives in the park we came quite close to giraffes, elephants, two lionesses, buffalos and saw also many antelopes, warthogs, and a spotted hyena. On our boat trip on the Nile we saw many interesting birds, also hippos and a sleeping crockodile! Our guides were excellent and our driver was very careful. We took many photos. From these, the African artwork souvenirs we bought, and from the warmth of African friendship we have many precious memories of the country. All our journeys started on time, but be prepared for a long wait for meals ordered in hotels and restaurants!

wonderful country

Uganda is a good surprise: A beautiful green place whit people that love their country . There are wonderful landscape . The Limitless Tour&Travel was fantastic , the guide is very kind and carefull of our request. Absolutely recommended

Amazing destination

Uganda exceeded all my expectations . Saw the big 5 as well as gorillas & chimpanzees and rafted the Nile ! Incredibly friendly people made our trip unforgettable . Why wouldn't you go ?? Highly recommended

The most beautiful holiday country I have ever visited

All that I've seen, far exceeded my expectations. Especially the wild and the birds that I've seen I found fantastic. The sunrise and the sunset were beautiful. We had a fantastic guide Marc Obwalatum. He brought us each day along bumpy, smooth and non asphalted roads to our lodge. Most lodges I found good, the lodge at the Sippy waterfalls what less. Our guide has told much about Uganda, such as habits, tradition, the population and so on. Thought it was clever that he knew the names of all birds and there were many. I got through his explanation a very different and positive image of Uganda. Sure to recommend Uganda to others

• 4.6/5