User Reviews – Uganda

Once in a lifetime trip!

We booked a 6 day trip with the tour company Home to Africa through this site. Everything about the trip was amazing. The wildlife and beauty of Uganda was amazing and the hospitality of the people is un-paralleled compared to every place in the world we had ever been. We bought a superzoom camera prior to the trip and it was so worth it. We encountered animals that were close enough we could touch and animals that we were glad weren't that close. A good camera is a must!

Nothing can compare to coming face to face with a gorilla and investigating each other from within an arms reach or seeing a pride of lions on the hunt. If you have ever wanted to see Africa, Uganda is the place to go. Food was great too and our guide was the best. Isaac Tugume was like family by the end of the trip and was so insightful, kind, and patient.

Gorilla Trek

Very happy with all aspects of my trip especially my guide Najib.

Wonderful Safari

We made a 9-days tour with Africa Adventure Vacations and it was spectacular, an unique once-in-a-lifetime experience. Perfect organization, lovely lodges, stunning nature and wildlife--highly recommended.
Uganda is great for safari!

it has such a variety of high quality destinations

It was an amazing experience!

I did the 3 day Murchison Falls Safari with Grassrootz Adventures. My guide was William and he was delightful, knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. The game drive and boat tour were spectacular! I had to keep pinching myself the whole time! Murchison River Lodge was very nice, relaxed and comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and the food was delicious! I would definitely go back!!

An African experience that went above all expectations

After my 3 day Uganda Gorilla trek I was so impressed with my guide and the magnificent Mountain gorillas, that I immediately booked a 10 day Uganda wildlife experience so that I could enjoy what the rest of Uganda had to offer, as well as take a second visit to the gorillas. Everything was fabulous, including Murchison Falls, the Nile Cruise, chimpanzee tracking at Kibale National Park and the tree lions in Queen Elizabeth National Park. My guide was fantastic and encouraged me to stay in Uganda for the full Ugandan experience and I’m so glad I did.

Fantastic birdwatching tour

Fantastic birdwatching holiday with Best Jungle Safaris.
My bucket list bird was the Shoebill which we saw on Day 2 at Mwamba swamp.
Forest birding always difficult but our guide Chris did a fantastic job of finding them for us. His hearing and knowledge of bird song outstanding.
Stayed in some lovely lodges. The staff at all the lodges could not do enough for us, and were always polite and courteous.
Food tasted reasonably good. Unfortunately, in the last few days in Uganda both my husband and myself contracted diarrhoea which was confirmed as campylobacter on return home.
Uganda is a beautiful country. Although we were mainly birdwatching we also saw lions, elephants, hippos, buffalo, zebras and giraffe. Scenery lovely. Weather good throughout.
Rogers , our driver, was a very safe and competent driver and a true gentleman.
Overall would highly recommend a birdwatching holiday in Uganda and many thanks to our tour operator.

Loved it, life experience

Loved it, friendly host, beautiful animals and fantastic scenery

Once in a lifetime

My friend and I booked a tour through Home to Africa. From the beginning Elias was extremely helpful and answered all our questions. The booking process was easy and Elias responded quickly.
Alan, our guide, met us at the airport and made us feel welcome and safe. He could not have been nicer.
The food and accommodation were beyond our expectations but what really made the trip was our guide.
Alan went above and beyond at all times to make our trip spectacular. He was knowledgeable about wildlife and gave us a local’s perspective of the country. While in Uganda Alan became our best friend. He made sure we always had bottles of water and we enjoyed his company each night at dinner. He took care of us the entire time and we will never forget his Hippo imitation. We still laugh about it today. We highly recommend this company and ask for Alan.

It was one of the best trips in Africa.

Uganda is not famous for its wildlife, but the people, the scenery, the nature, the green, the lakes and the gorillas of Silverback ... are the best combination for a safari. Highly recommended.

• 4.7/5