User Reviews – Uganda

The trip to trek for gorillas is completely worth the time and money to go!

We had a quick trip with Africa Tours Adventure to go Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Forest. We had a very good guide who drove us from Entebbe to Bwindi, which is an 8 hour trip. We stopped at the equator and shopped (which is a great place to barter). We had outstanding lodging arranged for us at Bakiga Lodge and at Birdnest Resort and loved the experience hiking with the gorillas. We were glad to take this trip while we were in shape since the hiking is very challenging.

Once in a lifetime experience that exceeded our expectations!

Mutanda Lake Lodge far exceeded our expectations as a jumping off point for gorilla trekking. The food was excellent and the cabins were private and very well kept up.

Uganda is a very beautiful country, but you have to find a good guide to do safari what is not easy.

We had a very nice expecience, the gorila trakking was amazing, the weather was very nice, sunny, what helped a lot to see them.
Our accommodations were not very good, we did not have hot shower, but we did not pay for the best tour, our choice was a middle term one.
Regarding our guide, we were very disapointed, we did not have any safari in the morning and just one in the evening, so it was very difficult to see animal (we saw 3 of the big five). Our guide was desorganized! He booked a wrong room in a hotel, did not have the safari boat ticket on time. We went to queen` elizabeth and lake mburo. I still dont know why we went to lake mboro, once we got there at 5 pm (we did not have a night safari, cause our guide did not have light) and left at 9 am.
In my option everyone should go to Uganda, the people is amazing, food is very good and it is t one of the most beaultiful place I have been, but you have to look for a very good guide and check the schedule before (check the time of your safaris, in the afternoon is very difficult to see animals), I do not know which company is the best, but do not choose for the price, sometimes is better pay more to have a better service.

Beautiful country, well organized parks

Great parks and the UWA does a really great job (we visited Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth and Kibale Nat'l Parks). Very low tourist numbers compared to Kenya and Tanzania. Wildlife not as dense on savannah, but more than compensated by low tourist numbers and Rwenzori backdrop.

I had a wonderful time

Uganda is a beautiful country with many different wild life type. The gorilla trekking was for sure a highlight but I have also enjoyed seeing the chips. As for other wild life type, I have seen many girrafes and tons of king fishers. The viewing of other animals, such as elephants or lions may not have been as good as in some other parks, such as Ethocia or Chobe but it was not bad. The most surprising part of the trip was seeing the poverty. Uganda must have the most corrupt and shameless politicians. In the 21st century people are still walking miles to get water and their roads are some of the worst of any places.

Fantastic - Will be Back

The Safari was exceptional. I appreciate the planning and follow up new Terrain Safaris. Very professional and prompt.

Gorilla tracking in the rainy season

We were worried about going to Uganda during the rain season but it actually turned out extremely well. There was very little rain during the day and very few tourists. Our gorilla tracking groups was 4 persons (could be as much as 8). On our Golden Monkey and Chimp tracking it was only the 2 of us and the guides, I must says that was extremely nice. Uganda has a lot of game but also a lot about primates, big and small and our guides did a spectacular job to make sure we saw as much wildlife as possible. The lodges were all very good and quiet (no tourists remember :) we did a few cultural activities as well. All in all Uganda is a great destination and Instinct Safari did a great job taking us around and making sure our trip was memorable.

Extrordinary

We book our safari with Uzuri Uganda Safaris for 6 days, and was the best experience ever.
Since our first contact with the company, they were really helpful and answer to our questions. We were travelling for our honey moon, and the company adapt the accommodation to our budget.
We spent 6 days with Vincent, our guide that was really nice, we enjoy a lot talk with him, he explain us a lot of things and was really friendly.
We recommend the Uzuri Uganda Safaris .

It was a remarkable trip

It was with some trepidation I booked my 10 day trip with Lifetime Experience Safaris. I found Jesse-Tom responded almost immediately with any concern I had. I was greeted at the airport by my guide and driver Gerald (even though my plane was 6 hours late). Originally I was not going to go to Murchison Falls only do the gorilla trek but was extremely glad I did go. The number of animals in Murchison Falls NP was unbelievable. Then when I did the boat tour on the Victoria Nile the bird watching was superb. Over the course of the tour I found Gerald to be courteous and very knowledgeable. I would have to write a book for all the memorable experiences whether it was rhinoceros visit, the animals in Murchison, the gorilla trek (actual highlight of the trip), the chimpanzee tour, the golden monkey tour, the Bagodi swamp walk, the scenic beauty of the Murchison Falls, the beautiful Rwenzori Mountains or the fabulous meals it was a true Lifetime Experience. I would highly recommend the safari, the tour company and especially (if you're lucky enough) Gerald as your guide.

Georgeous look at the remains of african wilderness

Pleasant hilly landscapes or wast savannah-like plains. We travelled at the beginning of the rainy season, and found temperature-range very enjoyable. We admired the sublime unrestraint of the nile valley, the rwenzory hights, the easy access to chimp- and gorilla habitats. After making peace with the salt poverty of the food, we gained 2 kilos each within 3 weeks. Seducing sweet and ripe fruits, some of them we had never seen before, excellent meat and fish, tasty side-dishes. All you can eat, and more. Shame on me. Never got a stomach egg though. Almost no moskitos. Tsetse-flies only on the people around me dressed in blue and black just like the insect traps . Thrilling Boda-boda rides, allegedly even more dangerous than hippos. Drivers were true reliable acrobats, so was our tour guide. Intelligent, always friendly, never tired, very communicative, competent. Felt like travelling with a friend. Safari-van in best shape to survive african massage. Commod way to get around. Wonderful wildlife experience, getting as close as that elephant sniffling at the porch of my tent. Accomodation viable. Sometimes no warm water, sometimes broken tent zippers, sometimes mosquito-tents only useful as decoration. Had not seen a single water tap properly bolted to the sink, however this is a mysterium to be found all over east africa. Opined Uganda with its vivid chaos much more attractive than almost suisse-like rwanda. This may however change with the soon expected doubling of population, meaning the doubling of dwellings, infrastructure, traffic. No more space for wildlife of any kind (please refer to Germany). No more rain forests. No more rain. Do your travelling now!

• 4.6/5