User Reviews – Amboseli NP

If seeing the big five and their various cousins is your goal, this is certainly the place.

Amboseli embodies much of what we think about Kenya: scenic land, kind and attentive people, good food at the Serena hotel, and exciting views of many of the animals of Africa, moving freely and naturally on their own land. (Views of Killimonjaro just add to the delight.) Our guide was a splendid endless source of information and humor (he referred to us as a "cocktail of characters"). Yes, the roads are dirt, bumpy and sometimes rutted. So? If you want paved roads, go to the zoo. Paved roads would just tempt people to zip by too fast to see what is at the Park. The way guides from competing companies cooperate on animal sighting ("hyena in its den" "wildebeasts on the move" "giraffes moving to their night stay" etc. makes the visit even richer. The Serena was very comfortable and in just the right spot.

I had a wonderful wildlife experience at Amboseli National Park

We were a group of 8 photographers, and we stayed at Amboseli Serina lodge for two nights. We were very pleased with our accommodation and food at the lodge. As we went just after the rains, the park was lush green everywhere. The wild animals had babies with them and it was a pleasure to watch the baby elephants with their mothers and their families. The bird life was less than we had expected , but the ambience of this park with the Mount Kilimanjaro at the background was breath taking. We photographed elephants blowing dust at each other and also baby elephants playing in the mud. The scenery was wonderful and we took sunset and sunrise photos at Amboseli with elephants and water holes in the foreground.
We experienced good weather, no rain and the temperatures were cooler than I had expected. The climate was very pleasant indeed. We travelled with Arunga tours and we had two very capable drivers /guides for our two four wheel drive vans. I would recommend Amboseli National Park to any traveller who appreciate wildlife

Awesome

It was a great moment in Kenya. all service by safari was awesome. am so delighted having them as my tour guide.

Stunning with Mount Kilimanjaro in the background and lots of elephants on display. Great place to bird too, with over 70 species seen on just one of our many game drives.

Elephants! Who doesn't love elephants? And lions! And Kilimanjaro's majestic rise above the flat plains. It's one of the most beautiful places you can visit.

Amazing! The elephants were stunning and I could watch them for days

The best place in the world to photograph large herds of dusty elephants

Elephants walk in the field near roads. Easy to see them. Elephant's mating season is short, only few days in February. Male elephants fight for females. I was lucky to watch and photograph those giants fight for a couple of times in a day. One time I saw three males fighting together. Amazing!

There are a lot of zebras and gazelles, some ostrich and birds, a few lions. I saw two couples of lions mating. In a small pond, there are some African kingfishers. They are the most beautiful kingfisher in the world, I think.

The lodge in the park is very comfortable, like any nice hotels in America. It has hot water and nice environment. The restaurant inside the lodge has nice food.

Guides are very friendly and professional. They know all secret spots in the park and bring you to get there at right time.

Amboseli is a beautiful park

Amboseli is a beautiful park. Animals are plentiful and there is always opportunity to take photographs of them with a backdrop of the kilimanjaro mountain.

Amboseli is awesome for wildlife and birds. The elephants are so incredible. Great variety of wildlife in the open, tons of birds.

wildlife was plenty especially elephants and beauty scenic was excellent because of mt.kilimanjaro whereby i took a very nice photos.

• 4.6/5