User Reviews – Etosha NP

Plenty of animals were spotted including the elusive leopard. Saw all of the big 5 animals.

Amazing place to visit.

Beautiful and amazing park.

Fantastic wildlife day; no local life though.

Happy to have been. An abundance of animals and viewing spots, barren landscape and bumpy roads.

I visited the Etosha National Park from a campsite outside the main gate. Even before reaching the first Lodge inside the park I had seen two lions. The roads were quite drivable, even in a two wheeled car. There were plenty of watering holes and an abundance of animals. You really didn’t have to look too hard. I saw in addition to the lions, giraffe, rhinos, wildebeest, elephants and many others. My only criticism would be the hopelessly inadequate queueing system to buy the park entry permit. One person dealing with these requests and two other people sat idly beside her. Not their job.

Spectacular and exciting photographic tour site

When I visited Etosha NP in May and June 2017, the weather was beautiful; highs in the mid-70s (F), dry and pleasant, and there had been recent rains which brought the flowers evident in so many of my photographs. The large animals were slightly harder to find because there was water at many places in the park due to recent heavy rains. However, we were successful at photographing many, including black rhino, lions, cheetah, lions, elephants, giraffes, kudu, zebra, black-faced impala, springbok, and many others. The birding was spectacular, and I was able to photograph many species such as lilac breasted roller, purple roller, secretary bird, and many others. All in all, it is a place I hope to return to many times. Also, the people of Namibia were friendly, helpful, and respectful of foreigners (like me). A very enjoyable and incredible trip!

One of the best Safari Destinations

The watering holes were active, we saw so many creatures engaged in their daily activities.

I have been to Kruger National Park before. It was more wildlife and greener. But with that said it was low season in Etosha when I was there. But we did see a lot of lions. Which was great!

Excellent!