User Reviews – Etosha NP

It was not crowd, but some popular places remind you were not out totally out of civilization.
The salf plan, salvadora plains and rocky areas are very scenic, but most of the park is very monotonus, specially large patches of mopane.
I found the Namutoni area the most diverse and if I could came back I would spend more time there.
There are not many species of birds, but for raptors and first time birders in African, it is very good birding.
You see so much wildlife, but leopards and cheetahs are not easy. Lions are more predictable, but normally there is many people in their usuall territories.

Beautiful savanna desert!

Great wild life but we did not have a chance to see lots of bird but was fine for us. Nature was expolisive and amazing.

A friend recommended we visit Etosha and we were not let down. It lived up to our expectation.

There was plenty to see and we saw some amazing sites - Black Rhino, Bat eared Fox, baby elephants just to name a few.

We loved Etosha. The only thing we didn’t like, was that it wasn’t self catering. We like to braai and do our own food

The park has an amazing wildlife.

Scenic views and a lot of wildlife

My first time I saw wild elephants, rhino & hyena!

I was in Etosha National Park in April 2017. It is end of the rainy season so there is enough water for the animals in the nature. That is maybe the reason why we had not so much good luck at waterholes. We had best sightings in the East around Fort Namutoni. It was the first time I saw elephants, a rhino and a hyena! Most of them in the afternoon, just before sunset.

On the way from East to West we saw a few antilopes, ostrich and some other birds and of course breath taking landscapes. But I wished we would have stayed in the East around Namutoni. Also at the waterhole at Okaukuejo Camp in the West we had no luck.

My recommendation would be coming in the dry season later the year (Aug-Oct) or staying a few days in the East instead of going to the West. But, this is safari, you never know what happens!! Maybe we had just bad luck.

The camp sites were all clean and there are shops and restaurants. It is possible there to book extra game drives / night drives. I recommend to bring your own water / don’t drink tap water (like I did in the rest of Namibia, without any issues).

An absolutely wonderful park to visit and enjoy the fantastic wildlife up close.

This is my second visit to Etosha, the first was in November 2007 and I can definitely say it is unlikely to be my last. The landscape, sunsets, guides, variety of birds and mammals all make for an amazing experience. If you have never been to a wildlife park in Africa this one should be one you must visit.