Kenya- Best Time to Visit Kenya Safaris
Best time to visit Kenya
|Best time to go:||June to October, January to February (Other, drier parks)|
|High Season:||July to November, January and February (Some of the parks get very crowded especially the Masai Mara, Amboseli and Lake Nakuru)|
|Low Season:||March to May (Some lodges and camps in high rainfall areas close down)|
|Best Weather:||June to October (Little to no rainfall)|
|Worst Weather:||March, April and May (Peak of Wet season)|
- Wildlife is easier to spot because the bush is less dense and animals gather around waterholes and rivers.
- It's unlikely to rain, the days are sunny with clear skies and there are less mosquitoes.
- July to October are the best months to see the wildebeest migration.
- It gets very busy and crowded in the most popular parks.
- The scenery is beautiful and green. Rates are lower because it's the low season.
- Newborn animals can be seen and in general, you will still see plenty of wildlife even though it is easier to spot during the Dry season.
- Migratory birds are present from September to April.
- Except for March, April and May, rains are short showers in the afternoon or evening and will rarely compromise your safari.
- During March to May the rains can be continuous and, when not raining, it is often clouded. Some lodges and camps close down during part of the Wet season.