User Reviews – Namibia

Sort By: Date Most Helpful 1-10 of 28 Reviews
Great trip to the oldest desert

Location was good, accommodation is nice, guide was professional. Good place to calm my mind.

The safari was Amazing!

The wildlife was great, our guide was great about spotting animals and pointing them out, the accommodations and food was good. We had a great time.

Rustic, adventurous,fun and knowledge

Namibia - unexplored widely, with its untouched beauty is certainly a offriders paradise. Photography and wild life are the prime attractions . Opting a self catered tour would be more beneficial but we cannot miss on the local delicacies.People are tourist friendly . Language no problem. A must visit place for every traveller. Opt for camping and have more fun.

It was a marvelous safari tour with the highligths Sossuvlei, Swakopmund and Etosha National Park.

The safari tour happened as expected concerning wildlife, scenery, weather, accommodations, food and guides.
Some remarks to issues that were not as expected: there were too many changes concerning the participants, transportation was not always o.k. because of less space for legs by the back seats, first day of safari tour without program (only stay at the guesthouse).
We state that the guides were excellent. They were extraordinary familiar with wildlife and could show as more wild animals as expected.

Once in a life time experience

We loved our trip to the Sossuvlei Desert. It is a unic place with scenic views and a good energy. It seams that Namibia is still evoluing in the tourst business. I think that the service given on the trip is too expensive for what they offer, but it is still worth. I would do it again.

Amazing

the country is well organized, the country receives the tourists very well. The landscapes are fantastic and the wildlife is very beautiful

As my first safari everything amazed me. I can say my dream to see african wildlife became true

Contrast feelings. In my opinion local people is plundered of their birthrights. The certitude of being in a totally wild territory flew away by the fact that allmost all the country is fenced and packaged and most of the wildlife intensely managed, although I do not deny this is, in some cases and for certain species, the best way to assure conservation.

Anyway, this is not true for the main place we visit (4 days, 3 nigths), etosha. Here the only artificial elements are the man made waterholes (some are natural) and the roads, but this is why you can see the animals here. As it was my first safari ever, everything was amazing. We even saw many rhinos (both) and lions in our self drives. After Etosha we went to Okonjima for leopards and cheetahs. The first are free born radiocallared animals and they guarantee you good observations, but the rescued cheetahs are semi-domesticated animals. Also here brown hyaena, ardwolf, mountain zebra, elephant shrew and white rhino. As birders we enjoyed tracking in this reserve. The guides were superb and the standard rooms were actually luxury: you could see a lot of life lying in the bed.

Etosha is vey good for raptors (martial eagle, bateleur and secretary, but we missed pygmy falcon) and steppe-land birds, but not so much for passerines, as you can not leave the car. For photographers: the most of the day the light is too bright and the sky leaden
The surrealistic vision of game, seemingly floating over the salt plan, seems a sweet alutination. The only night we spent camping at okaukuejo I will never forget: 7 black rhinos, including cubs playfully approaching elephant bulls (until a blast of water from his trunk made the cub run to mother's shelter), a genets and a hyaena (with a jackal as squire) in the waterhole. When I went to sleep the roar of lyons made my marrows shake.
The best place for lions where Nebrownii and Okondeka waterholes. We tried a lot with cheetah, but no luck in 4 days.

It was amazing

We loved everything about Namibia. The wildlife was spectacular. Good weather. The accommodation was very good. Food was great

Tour guide in Namibia was wonderful, airport transfer, overpriced, rude driver, dirty car

Beautiful country, Onguma was beautiful, chef was accomodating of dietary needs
Gondwana was also nice, a bit crowded

Definitely a must see on your bucket list

Namibia is a barren country with vast expanses and a small population. The sheer size of desolateness leads to an eerie beauty that cannot be captured in photographs and humbles one with an almost frightening sense of mortality.
The tour was awesome and our guide Gideon was excellent. Gideon slaved from before sunrise to well after sunset to make our trip as comfortable as possible. The roads are rough and travelling times are long so a good guide is essential to break the monotony of the "African massage". Food was plentiful and the menus well thought out with Gideon cooking most of the meals over an open fire. The couple of restaurant meals were good. We did not see any of the "big five" wild animals but buck, birds and flora were in abundance. The trip to Na'ankuse just outside Windhoek to see the endangered carnivores was well worth it. Coming from South Africa wildlife was not our priority though. Accommodation on the tour was 3-4 star but in Windhoek I would only give it 2 stars. You need to research the accommodation in Windhoek else book your own.

• 4.7/5