- Office In:
- 10-20 employees (Founded in 2007)
- Member Of:
- SATSA, SAYTC & TGCSA
- Tour Types:
- Customizable private tours and fixed group tours
- Price Range:
- $75 to $2,133 ppper person per day (USD, excl. int'l flights)
Average User Rating
Email KOH | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Inattentive to details and lack of commitment to deliver
We booked a total of 11d 10n trip with MOAFRIKA.
Overall experience was acceptable but there are a lot of rooms for improvement in terms of service level to suffice the basic expectation of a customer.
communication, commitment, attentiveness and etc.
1) booked on full day Soweto tour 4 months ago but was informed 1 day before the tour that apartheid museum is closed on Tuesday. Ended up not able to visit the museum. Was told that we could try make up for it on other days after the safari but no follow up from MOAFRIKA at all. The opening of the museum should have been known to any local tour operator. How could this even possibility overlooked?
2) for our trip to green field lodge, MOAFRIKA sublet us on other transport company which had 4 more other stops to drop off from south before us at north. Our overall transport duration from joburg airport to Greenfire gate took us approx. 10hours. 0700 - 1700hrs. This leaded us to miss our afternoon game drive at 1530hrs. The driver/ MOAFRIKA should already know that this route the van is taking will not get us to Greenfire in time. This could be avoided if driver could drop us first at north before routing down south to drop others.
The transfer from Greenfire gate to Greenfire lodge takes 45mins. MOAFRIKA should have known and find us a transport to bring us there within 7hours which means it would be a direct transfer in order for us to reach the gate by 1400HRS to be transferred into Greenfire lodge, checked in and ready for the game drive.
I had to personally inform MOAFRIKA that we are not going to make it in time and all I get was ok, I will inform the lodge. No effort to try on compensating this loss caused by their miss planning.
3) photos of the room at tremisan game lodge safari presented to us in quotation is misleading. We were allocated a small room as compared to the one we were presented when receiving the quotation. Feed-backed to MOAFRIKA and was informed that the receptionist will try to make adjustment for us. Went to the receptionist to follow up on next morning. Disappointed to hear: “at the moment, we are very full. I’ll try my best to change the room but no promise. All my guest booked a year in advance. If you have specific room, you need to let us know. “
Well, all we are asking is only what we have been offered before and nothing more. But she sounded that it’s our fault and we should be shortchanged due to her being full.
4) there is no proactiveness from MOAFRIKA to share driver/ PIC contact detail 1 day prior to any trip. I had to follow up on my own and at times I had to wait for them to get back.
Email Irene | 65+ years of age | Experience level: over 5 safaris
We booked a 2 day safari tour and stayed at Ivory Tree Lodge. The rooms, food and open game drives provided by the lodge were excellent. The transfers from Johannesburg provided by MoAfrika Tours did not meet our expectations. Although we advised we would be travelling with 4 suitcases, no provisions had been made on the outbound transfer so the suitcases needed to be stacked in the aisle. The outbound transfer was a disgrace. Just before checking out of the lodge we received an email, offering us a choice between being picked up at the arranged time 11:30 AM) and spending time in Pilanesberg on a closed game drive. Or spending time in the lodge and being picked up at 2:00 PM. We chose the first option but ended up spending 3 hours in the reception area for our transfer. The people at MoAfrika Tours kept telling us they did not know why the driver did not pick us up but he would be there within 10 minutes. He arrived a little before 2 PM and was met by a group of angry people (7 in total) who had been waiting since 11 AM. And 2 people who had chosen the second option, to be picked up at 2. The driver told us that the people of MoAfrica were well aware that he would not be able to pick us up before 2PM as he was in the park woth another group of people. So obviously it had been the intention of MoAfrika from the start to pick us up at 2. They just were not honest about the situation and kept us waiting for 3 hours without food as they had us believe the drivers would be there any minute. To make things worse, the driver was supposed to wait until 3 PM to pick up 3 more people. After we refused to wait any longer (5 of us had flights to catch), he decided to leave the other 3 behind and drove us to the airport. The driver was not to blame for this mess up, solely the people at MoAfrika office.
After returning home, we sent a complaint to MoAfrika, but we have not received a reply or apologies.
I would not recommend using MoAfrika Tours, just book the lodge yourself, nearly every lodge and hotel offers transfers. No need to book through MoAfrika or any other operator.
Email Gail | 65+ years of age | Experience level: over 5 safaris
The tour operator inaccurately advertises type of open vehicle used from Bakubung lodge.
All was acceptable except for the most important aspect of a safari experience and that is the safari vehicke used for open vehicle drives from Bakubung Lodge. This lodge only uses 22 seater monster trucks, and babies are also allowed on the vehicle. It is impossible to communicate with the guide due to space and diesel engine unless you are one of two people sitting directly behind guide. The guide stopped to speak only when he or she was planning to speak so there is no ongoing conversation to learn and ask questions. This was a very disappointing experience. Just be aware that this particular lodge uses these types of trucks, and I have confirmed this with the lodge administration itself as the tour operator said otherwise.
- All corporate and/or tour info is provided by MoAfrika Tours, not SafariBookings
- The tours offered by MoAfrika Tours are subject to their terms & conditions