Email Murali Murthy | 50-65 years of age | Experience level: over 5 safaris
Bluerange Connect - The safari lasted 10 days. The memories will last a lifetime!
Great company with some exceptional, large-hearted people - that in a sentence sums up Bluerange Connect.
Thank you Willis and everyone at Bluerange Connect for giving us a wonderful experience.
From the time we landed at the Airport at Nairobi till we flew back 10 days later - we were taken care of and everything was meticulously arranged by Bluerange Connect.
Also special thanks to our guide Alex who went out of his way to make our trip smooth and value-packed. Alex was extremely flexible and literally customized our itinerary. Thank you everyone - it was a dream experience and far exceeded our expectations.
From the fabulous game lodge choices, the comfortable accommodations, sumptuous meals, excellent game drives. and more, we appreciate their eye for detail. We highly recommend Willis and Bluerange Connect.
Dear Willis - we are overwhelmed by your hospitality.
Thank you my friend.
Email Meg | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Email Sarah | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
We did the 8 day tour through Naivasha, Nakuru, Maasai Mara and Mombasa extension. We upgraded to the 'luxury accommodations' and also added on the hot air balloon experience.
Overall, this tour was definitely worth the money and we highly recommend to others.
- the drivers provided were excellent. at one point, one of our drivers had a migraine and they arranged another driver for us and there was zero wait time and the driver with a migraine was able to get home. both of our drivers were vaccinated.
- Blue Range is quick to respond on the WhatsApp messenger.
- We wired the initial payment, then paid the rest with a travel reward card at his office in Nairobi. There is a transaction fee of 2% (I think!)
- Due to luck, we wound up being the only people in our safari car, so we essentially had a private safari.
- We saw the Big 5, plus many more animals. It was incredible seeing this all in person and hope you have good luck animal spotting as well!
- Do the hot air balloon tour!! This was our favorite thing. It also included a brunch on the bush which we were unaware of, it was really fun and we enjoyed meeting other people.
- the weather was perfect while we were there - light jacket in evenings and pants during the day were fine
- we took malarone just in case, but minimal mosquitos while there so that was a happy surprise
- initially we just upgraded one luxury accommodation, but then 2 others were upgraded for free because the original place was booked.
- everyone we interacted with was overall lovely
- a lot of driving is involved. Bring snacks and something to do (i.e., a kindle or books to read when driving city to city). Also, driving and traffic rules are quite different than our experience in the US. We were fine but there were a few moments that felt a bit scary (traffic jam wise).
- there must have been a miscommunication re: our transport the the airport for our flight to the US and the driver charged us. The transport was supposed to be included, it was around $20 US. We had the cash so just paid.
- We weren't clear on a few things - be sure the read the PDF itinerary carefully. Our first itinerary said domestic flights were included, but then later it didn't include this. We had to book the flights. Additionally, due to the time we landed we had to book a hotel in Nairobi for the night. The Hilton Garden Inn was close, but we didn't realize we had to book this until we were en route to the DFW airport. It was momentarily stressful but we did appreciate a hot shower and a few hours of sleep before going off on our journey
- overall the places we stayed were great, the bathrooms at the Nakuru lodge didn't have working hot water, or perhaps we couldn't figure it out, but it was only one night and not a big deal to us
- bring money to tip your guides, waiters, etc. You can withdraw money upon landing in Nairobi. For the two of us we spent $400 USD (in Kenyan shillings) and it covered all tips, plus small incidentals. We didn't buy any curios or trinkets (just coffee). We overtipped on purpose due to the amazing service and understanding that tourism was really shut down with COVID.
- COVID testing in Mombasa was relatively easy
- Rules with COVID change fast, be sure to check you flight and country rules often. We overprepared with multiple copies of our negative tests and QR traveler code and I would recommend this.
- You'll be eating at buffets or prepared meals at the different resorts, overall food was good and lots of variety
- Our food was all inclusive at each place, at some places alcohol was and others it was not. Check your itinerary or inquire with Willis. The all inclusive at the Voyager Resort in Mombasa was fantastic. Another note - if you order water at dinner it may be charged, but you have plenty of access to water bottles with your driver.
- Read books by Kenyan authors before or while here - Anthony Bourdain's website has a great list to start with
- do the safari boat tour en route to Naivasha
- we skipped the village tour
- in Mombasa we hired a boat to go out to a water reserve, it was really fun
Email Gregory | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: over 5 safaris
Email Jumah | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
He was nice and professional.
Blue range connect- Organized a trip for us to Sirville lodge.
The team is amazing, professional, reliable and friendly. They never make you feel like you are asking for too much, and the hotel they suggested was great. The hospitality was good everything was perfect we enjoyed. I would really recommend Blue range to my friends and family.
Email Zac K | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: over 5 safaris
Excellent and wonderful team!
Bluerange Connect team - very insightful and wonderful all through our trip to Sirville Lodge - Naivasha.
Excellent tour van, knowledgeable and friendly staff. Good coordination of events.
We would not hesitate booking with them again and again.
Email Duncan | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Email Earlene | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
We went through Blue Range for our travels to Kenya and Tanzania, and we had a wonderful time. Our meals, accommodation, and transport were planned seamlessly. Our trip was postponed because of COVID by one year, but Willis stayed in touch and was unwaveringly flexible as we adjusted dates, itineraries, and COVID requirements. Willis eand his team also supported us by organizing the scheduling/pickup of the COVID tests and results on time. The local guides that were hired were true experts and were keen to answer any and all of our questions and ensured we saw all the big 5, including, yes, leopards and lions and rhinos which are increasingly rare. Above all, like the leadership team, we felt that they not only cared about their “job” but about our happiness and enjoyment, which is what made this one of the greatest trips of my life!!! Mansoor made our trip unforgettable, as he has the biggest passion for his job and truly cares about Kenyan wildlife. Highly highly recommended for all travel in Kenya and Tanzania.
Email May | 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Overall , we had a great experience with Bluerange. From the beginning , the whole process of booking was very smooth. the agency made adjustments to ensure our requirements are met in tems of accomodations . We extremely safe also despite Covid19. our Tour guide Sami was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job. He always searches for the best spots to see the animals. He is super helpful and always making sure that we are getting the best experience
Email Salma | 35-50 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Wonderful experience to be cherished forever :):)
I have visited Kenya with bluerange with 2 friends on my first trip after COVID-19 and we all loved the experience. Starting from our knowledgeable, experienced and amazing guide Sammy to well chosen accommodation to high value for the trip vs other offerings that offer much less for the same price. I highly recommend bluerange and would definitely love to do other trips in Africa with them.
- All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Bluerange Connect , not SafariBookings
- The tours offered by Bluerange Connect are subject to their terms & conditions