Popular Routes – Botswana
Northern Botswana (1 to 2.5 weeks)
After a stopover in Johannesburg, you'll arrive at Maun Airport, the entry gate to Northern Botswana and the Okavango Delta.
- Okavango Delta (2 to 5 days) is usually visited by chartered plane from Maun. Each move between camps is made via small aircraft, and part of the experience is the breathtaking views of the extraordinary scenery these flights offer. It’s not unusual to stay at multiple camps in this vast area. Gliding between the water lilies by mokoro canoe is a wonderful way to see the delta.
- Moremi Game Reserve (2 to 5 days) is Big Five territory and the place to visit for exciting game drives.
- Chobe National Park (2 to 4 days) is best seen from a boat on the river. There is plenty of wildlife on the banks, with the afternoon the best time to find herds of elephant coming to drink or even swimming across, offering great photo opportunities. Even if you’re not a birder, the birdlife will blow you away.
- Victoria Falls (1 to 3 days) is a must-see destination just a short hop across the border from either Zimbabwe or Zambia. There are enough activities on offer to keep you entertained for several days.
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve (2 to 4 days) for a desert safari with San people in the Deception Valley
- Makgadikgadi Pans and Nxai Pan National Parks (2 to 4 days) to witness the annual migration of wildebeest and zebra
Chobe Riverfront and Tuli Block (1 to 1.5 weeks)
With a stopover in Johannesburg, you’ll arrive at Kasane Airport near Chobe National Park.
- Chobe National Park (2 to 4 days) can be discovered on land by 4WD, and on the river by boat. Mornings are the best time to find predators on land, while afternoons are best spent on the water, when animals congregate to drink.
- Victoria Falls (1 to 3 days) is only a few hours’ drive from Chobe, and you can visit the waterfall from Zambia or Zimbabwe. Spending a few nights at the falls is rewarding, but it also makes for a great day trip. There are many activities to keep you entertained: boat and canoe trips, rafting, helicopter flights, bungee jumping and much more.
- Zambezi National Park (0.5 to 1 days) is worth visiting on a day trip from Victoria Falls. The scenic park is a great place to see elephant and buffalo as well as a variety of antelope species.
- Northern Tuli Game Reserve (2 to 4 days) can be reached via a short flight from Kasane and encompasses several private game reserves, including Mashatu Game Reserve. Large herds of elephant can be seen in the dry riverbeds digging for water. Leopard and wild dog sightings are also common.
- Kwando, Selinda and/or Linyanti game reserves (2 to 4 days) at the Linyanti Marshes for an exclusive wildlife experience